electroman goes 2 cycle

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by bkteer, Apr 4, 2008.

1. bkteer

bkteer New Member

hi, nice to join. i've put about 2800 miles on my electric kit the last couple of years, now i'm trying the 2 stroke motor. love to trade Ebike beta for 2stroke beta. lot of continuous climbs here in slc, ut. anybody have a perfect tire size/gear ring match up w/ 2 stroke motor?

2. BoltsMissing

BoltsMissing Active Member

Welcome to MBc,

Usually you'll find much is sorted out in a kit, which includes a rear sprocket.
    They vary in tooth sizes but most are around 44-48 tooth.

All the Best

3. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

welcome bkteer home of many answers...good luck and happy motoring!
  4. graucho

graucho Active Member

Hi bkteer. Welcome to MBc! Home of many answers, and awaiting your ideas.

General request to all new members.
    Please, before posting any questions, do a search. Then READ,READ,READ.
    There is a ton of information here. Many of your engine and performance issues in the Garage & Tech/Mech Help have already been covered. Here at MBc we are the home of nearly all MoteredBike questions. If you search and are unable to find your answer, don't hesitate to post your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :grin:
    Here's a great post link to get you started.
  5. BSA

BSA Guest

Welcome to the forum. The Chinese two stroke engines (known here as happy time engines) are a real hoot.

6. Abeagle

Abeagle Guest

Welcome to MBc. :cool:
  7. mickey

mickey Guest

Welcome aboard, bkteer
  8. Alan

Alan Member

I too, have gone from electric to 2-stroke. My only regret is having to look over my shoulder a little more.(I guess mirrors would help :smile:) Illegal here (PA)
    So far, The quick engine cut, along with the pretend pedaling seems to be working. :grin:
    Don't let the little stuff stop you.:cool:
  9. sparky

sparky Active Member

And I thought Mississippi had dumb laws. No electric bikes, no mirrors on bikes, & no biking on sidewalks??? I don't understand.
  10. Zev0

Zev0 Member

Welcome to MBc bkteer. Glad you found your way here. Would you mind going to your UserCP and putting in your location. I know you've told us you're from SLC Ut, but for future posts it would be helpful. Thanks
  11. hellbilly

hellbilly Guest

Welcome and good luck with your project!
  12. Alan

Alan Member

Is that MS law ?
    At least PA does allow sidewalk riding, bike mirrors. No problems here with electrics...........yet (riding one since '96)
    Why can't you have mirrors in MS ? That's crazy. :shock:
  13. sparky

sparky Active Member

Alan, I thought you just said: "(I guess mirrors would help ) Illegal here (PA)".

In this thread, xkwox mentions electric bikes are considered mopeds even tho federal law states they are "consumer products"... and then on the next page, you said it was illegal to ride on the sidewalk if you're over 16, but I missed the next part where the PennDOT rules state you must give an audible signal before passing other pedestrians.

Even still, I don't trust laws or the DOT rules. Last I heard, DOT rules supersede laws passed by congress, tho, right?
  14. Alan

Alan Member

I meant the gas engine.:grin:
    And I thought you meant MS.:lol:

While the electrics may not be legal here, I never got pulled over yet. Had the electric for 12 years. I've asked cops their opinions on the electrics, and their replies are all similar. "I got no problem with it" is the most common answer.
    Sorry for the threadjack.