Clutch Eliminated clutch chatter by around 75% (photo's included)

adrian101

Local time
10:15 PM
On another tread i was talking about clutch chatter and got told what could help dampen it , so i decided to experiment myself and found a pretty great match.

What i did was get my old mouse pads and pizza box "cardboard" and cut them to the shape of the clutch cover. 2x mouse pads, 1x cardboard cutout..

I placed one mouse pad cutout inside the clutch penal followed by a cut out piece of cardboard. Which i flattened out so the nut on the clutch doesn't rip into the cardboard.

With the other piece of mouse pad i placed on the outside of the clutch cover and stuck it down with silastic glue. (which when dry will also help with dampen the sound)

I can hardly hear the chatter anymore. I will be greasing the gears lightly which will also help but its unbelievable what and piece of cardboard and mouse pads could do..

This is my end product:
outside clutch cover 1.jpg
Inside clutch cover 2.jpg
middle photo of clutch cover 3.jpg

Thanks for reading, Hopefully helps someone else on here!

-ADRIAN!

:unsure:i got a can of spray on sound deadener from auto accesories shop $15 and done inside its good but took a long time to dry.

but i love this idea especialy the mouse pad:unsure:

dynamat
fits in perfectly and can be found cheap on e bay
I think I got 2 12x12 sheets

im also using it under my gas tank mount but I still get a vibration from the tank somewhere

Back