Clutch Eliminated clutch chatter by around 75% (photo's included)

Discussion in 'Transmission / Drivetrain' started by adrian101, May 20, 2011.

1. adrian101

adrian101 Member

On another tread i was talking about clutch chatter and got told what could help dampen it , so i decided to experiment myself and found a pretty great match.

What i did was get my old mouse pads and pizza box "cardboard" and cut them to the shape of the clutch cover. 2x mouse pads, 1x cardboard cutout..

I placed one mouse pad cutout inside the clutch penal followed by a cut out piece of cardboard. Which i flattened out so the nut on the clutch doesn't rip into the cardboard.

With the other piece of mouse pad i placed on the outside of the clutch cover and stuck it down with silastic glue. (which when dry will also help with dampen the sound)

I can hardly hear the chatter anymore. I will be greasing the gears lightly which will also help but its unbelievable what and piece of cardboard and mouse pads could do..

This is my end product:
    outside clutch cover 1.jpg
    Inside clutch cover 2.jpg
    middle photo of clutch cover 3.jpg

Thanks for reading, Hopefully helps someone else on here!

2. Oddzball

Oddzball Member

3. blue 48

blue 48 Member

:idea:i got a can of spray on sound deadener from auto accesories shop $15 and done inside its good but took a long time to dry.

but i love this idea especialy the mouse pad:idea:
  4. adrian101

adrian101 Member

yeah its one of the best things you can do to help eliminate the chatter
  5. SdCruizer

SdCruizer Member

fits in perfectly and can be found cheap on e bay
    I think I got 2 12x12 sheets

im also using it under my gas tank mount but I still get a vibration from the tank somewhere