Employment creates debt.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by CanadaGlass, Jan 1, 2014.

1. CanadaGlass

CanadaGlass New Member

Consider the difference between gross and net pay. About 35%? Add to this disparity all the other taxes, both hidden and open, and it soon becomes apparent that collectively we don't have even half of the money we need to buy back the fruits of our own labour. Government spending (benevolent or otherwise) and bank credit (with compound interest furthering the gap it bridges) to the rescue...

2. grinningremlin

grinningremlin Active Member

No society has thrived without slaves, that's what low wage earners are.That's one reason I've dropped regular jobs, I have one bike-trailer set up that I use for picking up AL cans, on a good day I only make about $3 an hour, but that's $3 the gov doesn't know about and can't touch, no taxes, no BS, I work when I want and no one tells me how/when.Those that aren't smart enough to skirt the system will bear the brunt.Notice almost all old wealth comes from a family that broke or stretched the law in the past.Anything the system tells us we have to to, I do the opposite; if you remember the movie "They Live" do the opposite of the billboards and you're on your way.The billboards read "Marry----Reproduce----Consume----OBEY", all sure fire ways to your own personal self-made prison.

3. bigoilbob

bigoilbob Member

4. grinningremlin

Though, being a musician, I can't say much for the tune musically speaking, the lyrics are near genius Americana.My family is not quite THAT debaucherous, but not too far off, I own a third section, and have HOT cousins.Grandad was an actual hobo, rode the rails, dodging bulls, going from new oil rig to new oil rig sending the money back to support his family.When I was a kid he was taking me to a fishing hole, to get there you had to drive miles across private property.He killed the lights, and drove the pickup like a madman in the pitch black, I said "isn't this breaking the law?" and his reply is one of my favorite quotes from anyone,...
    "son if there's no one there to catch you,... it isn't a crime".

5. CanadaGlass

CanadaGlass New Member

"No society has thrived without slaves, that's what low wage earners are."

Biggest problem with comparing ours to previous empires is one of scale. There are more people alive today than have died in all of history. I do agree that "freedom" is the new slavery... it includes the freedom to starve, but not the freedom to gather food. Much of the legal realm is like that, where reality is the opposite of what is apparent. You mention marriage, and it is a fine example of what I am talking about. A licence is a form of permission, and the authority to say "no" is created through transference by asking permission. Offering veto power over your relationship to a third party is proof of a lack of commitment, is it not?

Movies? I see your "They live", and raise you "Queimada", AKA "Burn!". Slavery is obsolete...

6. grinningremlin

Tell that to the one handed little African kids who collect diamonds, so self centered american dunce women can feel "more" than their perceived "lesser".
    So you're saying the railroad traversing the country wasn't a slave operation?Blowing up people because what you want done, and punishing those who contest your motives sounds like slavery to me.Scale has little to do with it, it's the same reason it's illegal to kill yourself or anyone else, at the same time exulting the soldier for killing people.If you have a thousand ants instead of a hundred you can feed them less, they can work longer, they won't die off as easy.Maybe I should've said cattle, born to be killed and bred more so they can be killed all for some fat-ass that has too much to begin with.

7. grinningremlin

I'd also like to point out, you're complaing about something that is fictitious, that's called "voluntary slavery of the mind".No one said you HAD to jump through ANY of the hoops.Don't have a regular job, don't put yourself in debt, don't pay taxes, drop from the system, start a revolution.What it sounds like (not putting words in your mouth) is you want it soft on your terms, welcome to life,... it ain't fair.At least the slaves of the past had someone whipping them with the threat of death if they moved; you don't HAVE to do anything the system tells you, you choose to engage.The door's wide open, and you're willingly putting your hands against the bars bracing for the strike.

8. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

I always thought wives create debt. Ex-wives even more so.

9. grinningremlin

BA HA HA HA HA!Probably true, thankfully I wouldn't know.Marriage, and registering to vote/voting always seemed to be a useless thing to me, so I've never done either,... never will.

10. CanadaGlass

CanadaGlass New Member

GG, I think we are already on the same page politically, and I am preaching to the choir more than I am complaining here. Kudos on not voting...

"You lost what was yours because you took what was not." People tacitly agree to the premise of control when they accept an offer of "power" in the form of a vote. Democracy is the antithesis of minority rights, as I brushed on in my thread about democracy in a commonwealth.

11. grinningremlin

Oh yeah, unless it comes to childish name calling I consider it all spirited debate, even though we're on the same page.For the most part what can a little guy (like me) do? I look at it like the rodents surviving the ice age, as long as you stay under the radar you're safer than engaging, as the so called "rules" are ever changing.

12. rawly old

rawly old Member

Basically, if you pay rent or a mortgage you are a slave. Fortunately
    my grandmother saw this coming and warned me never buy anything
    you can't pay for up front. So happily I never buy anything much &
    have little, but I'm a dam site freer than the slob trudging it out in
    suburbia chained to a cubicle 40 hrs. a week. Lord have mercy on those
    poor souls.

"I believe that banking institutions are a greater threat to our liberty
    than any standing army."
    Thomas Jefferson

13. grinningremlin

Yup, I took note of the depression era stuff; it was better to own a few acres of dirt with nothing on it, than sell and try to find greener pastures elsewhere, cause then you were charged rent you didn't have, then were kicked out to the the Hoovervilles, then considered a crook/bum.If you have no bills,... who needs money?

14. CanadaGlass

CanadaGlass New Member

Since we are using a debt between a countries central bank and its government as "money" in our bartering, we are the authors of the worlds fate, if we want to admit it or not. Becomes a three-way deal then, no? Individual debts to banks aside, people claiming these credit notes as their own property is the problem here, and anything less than 100% tax return won't allow for the proper flow of currency...

"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra

15. rawly old

rawly old Member

Yeah, like that would ever happen. The greedier the rich get, the greedier
    the little people have to be to survive. It's the giant serpent devouring
    it's own tail. When it comes down to it the whole game is B.S. I try to
    stand outside it. The Bible say the righteous man can live by faith alone.
    I don't think I'm particularly righteous, but on occasion faith was all I had to
    sustain me.