engine advice needed, (sydeny australia)

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by matty martin, Jul 24, 2008.

1. matty martin

matty martin New Member

hey guys,

i'm a new so i hope this is in the right area of the forum...

i'm in sydney, australia & am looking for some advice on what is the best engine for my bike...

any suggestions...

2 stroke ?

4 stroke ?

any paticular brand i should stay away from or steer towards...

what are the basic pro's & con's of both 4 & 2 stroke engines...

i have seen two engines so far... one was a zbox & the other was a MBB, has anyone had any experience with these brands...

thanks
    matty martin

2. stude13

stude13 Active Member

hi; matty; go into members and for countrmen.

3. Wilmo

Wilmo New Member

buy a zbox, its the best quality (little things like chromed accessories instead of raw material etc, has the good bearings too) and service is great from Warren, and the price is right - not overinflated. (Warren can actually spell properly on his web site too - unlike MBB!)

the 2 stroke engine is lighter and less complicated than the 4 stroke, cheaper too. If you run it in properly should run for a long time if care is taken with the installation.

Andrew

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  4. Stink Bike

Stink Bike Member

Yeah I also bought mine from Warren at ZBox.
    He will get a motor to you within 2 working days.Most of the time in 1 working day and he is fast when it comes to mailing parts.

5. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Both are good....George from MBB & Warren from ZBOX.
    If your getting a 2-stroke Warren would be the one to go for cos he's cheaper & about the same quality,but if you've decided on a 4-stroke forget Warren cos he doesn't deal in 4-strokes.
    I've got the Dax Titan system and i'm pretty happy with that.

6. wanger

wanger Guest

he does now check his web site $450 + freight
    cheaper than the other site

7. Aussie_Glenn

Aussie_Glenn Member

Cant speak about MBB so I wont.

Have bought a few times from Warren at Zbox. Service is great, prices are good, delivery quick. It's a chinese 2-stroke so quality is pretty much a lottery I'd say.

Just about to try a 31cc 4 stroke rack mount from blackstar direct as well. See how that goes in a few weeks for comparison.

Cheers
    Glenn

8. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

Hey Matty -- I am surprised that no one has mentioned Station.. They have both 2-strokes and 4-strokes -- friction or chain drive.. Worth taking a look.. Happy Riding from - Mountainman

9. matty martin

matty martin New Member

thanks for the reply guys,

ok i'm assuming that everyone is telling me to go down the 2 stroke road & not the 4 stroke...

i spoke to warren the other day & he was very helpful & yes as WANGER said he does now have 4strokes...

matty martin

10. seabillco

seabillco Member

2 v 4 stroke

Hi, MM
    I'll be the odd one here and tell you that I have both a 2 stroke 31cc and a 4 stroke 25cc friction drive and I MUCH PREFER THE 4 STROKE. Both are Ryobi engines.
    The 4 stroke is MUCH quieter and has more torque. It is cleaner, doesn't smell and you don't, of course, have to mix the fuel/oil. The 4 stroke is a dream to ride.
    It's so quiet that, at times I forget it's there! People don't even look when I go by because they don't hear it.
    It's also been more reliable in that I've done nothing to it while the 2 stroke requires a bit more tinkering.
    Overall, I can ride either one any time I want and I pick the 4 stroke every time.
    If money were no object, I'd pick the 4 stroke without a question.

Steve G
    Grants Pass, Oregon

11. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

Looking forward to your review......

12. Aussie_Glenn

Aussie_Glenn Member

Well, that will have to wait. Went to start the build today and found the drive ring wont clean the rear frame stays. There will now be a slight delay while new bike found.

Really want to give it a try out though. Will ferret around and see if I have enough parts to build a frakenbike to at least try the engine.

Cheers,
    Glenn