engine bogging under load

gator joe

Local time
3:27 PM
okay here's the deal I did have an exhaust problem about a week ago that was fixed I'm wondering if I did damage to the rings this is the problem when in idle its fine with clutch in it revs up perfectly when under load it bogs out almost as if thechoke was open it just started doing this I'm not getting the RPM's on top speedI'm thinking open up my carburetor check the Jets in the float anybody ever had this problem

Check around your head & see if you head gasket is leaking.If you see any oil around the upper cylinder
chances are that's it.Also retork the head bolts.

Fly

If you have a compression gage check the compression. I will bet it is a head gasket. I don't think
the exhaust leak had anything to do with your problem.

Fly

I think it's my exhaust be cause I took it apart and yes carbon in the pipe but also a lot of un burned oil in between the baffel and end cap..I had a problem a week or two ago and put a home made gasket .turns out it blocked my pirt a little bit
these motors r all about flow...trust me ..I am not new to motors what i am thinking about doing now is drilling out the exhaust. ..I have allready ordered a new motor with expansion chamber. ..I feal that's the way to go also the 44 tooth sprocket is a lot of rpms I am going to switch to a 36 or 40 I would love a 38

Back