Engine doesn't want to stay running at idle

TypicalUser77

Local time
10:21 PM
I am still in the break in process with my 66CC two stroke that I bought from a custom shop. I have followed the recommended procedure of breaking it in, along with the recommended oil/gas mix. Everything on the bike is running solid. But recently when I come to a stop and pull the clutch in, the engine seems to rev lower and lower until it stops altogether. Bottom line is it doesn't want to stay running at idle. Any suggestions?

Sounds like either an air leak, or even more likely since it seems like you day it slowly revs down and cuts, is the float pin isn't stopping fuel from draining into bowl, this floods the carb and that stalls the motor, but first try turning the idle up a bit, it really shouldn't take much idle screw to keep an idle, if the carb is starting to flood all you'd end up doing is using the engine to eat the gas as it drains so you'd have 2 problems, a flooding carb and probably using twice as much gas per trip.

also could mean clutch is dragging - new cable will stretch about 1/8 inch during first couple days

Back