engine has no power

masterx1234

Local time
3:16 AM
hey guys i just bought me a mitubitshi tle43 clone and i have it mounted up to the kit, but it seems like it has no power to pull me unless its at full throttle! , whats causing this?

My first guesses are stale fuel, choke left in the on position, clogged air filter element or carburetor problems.

New or used...

hey guys i just bought me a mitubitshi tle43 clone and i have it mounted up to the kit, but it seems like it has no power to pull me unless its at full throttle! , whats causing this?

Is the 43cc new or used? If it's used it's either the rings or more likely the oil seals. Carburation is also a big factor...

well i finally figured it out, the clutch wasnt being engaged all the way, after taking the motor off i looked closely at the clutch and it had been on backwards! (thats how it was when i got it) theres an F on the front and a "B" on the back and after turning it around the thing ran perfectly! so thanks guys

Ok, so it had all the power it would ever have, just the clutch was slipping madly.
I am glad to hear that you got it fixed, and it was a relatively easy fix.
It also proves that sometimes parts are assembled backwards on the cheaper engines.
What a headache!

Yup, those clever Chinese factories are always testing our abilities! Glad to hear you got er goin! A quick side note, I'd run your premix at 25:1 if you want any longivity out of that engine, but on the other hand, you can get a brand new 49cc top-end for that engine...$25 on eBay. Have fun!

Last edited:
Back