Engine Horsepower?

i read on dax's sight about removing the baffle and drilling 2 holes in the long pipe inside. has anyone tried this and what size bit if it works. the bit in the picture does not look that small. http://thatsdax.com/BICYCLE_ENGINE_KIT_TIPS.html they say on the sight it will give you the biggest performance boost on the engine

Last edited by a moderator:
ats paul this is off topic but to ure question maybe alittle diffrence in low end power that it bascally a waste of time it it definity didnt get me and more revs outa the motor

Cut off Baffle

I cut of the pipe down to 2 inches. I really didn't notice any more performance at all, but I really like the sound. It has a nice "putt-putt" to it.

I had my cylinder honed out after my bearings destroyed my piston, all is well so far. I guess its all in who wants to do it and if they are good at it. Have prolly 100 miles on my engine since honed out cylinder was done:D

oh by the way it runs much more smooth, not as jerky and boggy on the start up now.

hey joe, dude if you want to increase performance go for it bro... dont let anyone tell you its not possible... all it requires is a little thinking outside the box... start off by matching the intake and exhaust manifolds with the holes in the cylinder... then have your head/ cylinder skimmed down or just remove the base cylinder gasket and replace with rtv to increase commpression... if you want to spend some money and get technical get a pocket bike hp carb and expansion chamber, then you will notice some serious hp!!

In going with the boring theme, wasn't there somebody on here that was going to have a friend bore out the cylinder and add a steel sleeve to it?.....I can't remember who it was but it is here somewhere.....I think he was going to do it mainly for increased reliability tho.
Andrew

PS - I'm thinking bang for the buck more performance could be had by milling the head for increased compression and doing a high performance porting job.

Back