Engine Horsepower?

He thought it would be like running high octane av gas and give him a performance boost. However Im not sure that higher octane = higher performance. It just doesnt detonate/preignite at high compression ratios. This guy could bench 450 lbs by the time he was 18 but I dont think he did anything above basic math in school. Hope you get my meanin.

Kerosene is pretty close to diesel #1. About the same btus but kerosene has less lubricity(I hear the smell is different to). It burns pretty good in a diesel engine as long as your injection pump isnt fuel lubricated. Technically engine oil burns in a diesel engine too so I dont know if that says alot. I reckon jp4 or 5 would run good in my truck too but I dont think they are low sulfur like the stuff at the pump. Running any of those in a gas engine is just dumb.

intresting. what i kno is the nitro i have burns like twice as hard an produces nothin But power.. it's all good. no body knows but me an whoever els has experienced it. shrug* all good in the hood. good luck yall.

Because nitro burns longer maybe it pushes down on the piston in a more uniform longer duration pulse. I was under the impression that is what gives diesel engines such great torque. Because the fuel burns slower it pushes down on the crank longer giving it a better attack angle than a gasoline engine. Thats what a mechanical engineer told me at least.

Oh look at that. Your in anchorage. What kit are you running?

i never bought a kit. i bought a first build on a lowrider style 20inch schwinn stingray frame. it was dangerous so i took it apart threw the frame n forks away and stufft the engine under my bed for the next build. orderd a new 20" frame off ebay found sum sweet forks and slapped it together with a spring loaded polo seat. just perfect.
i kinda broke that frame so i got a new one.
oh nice your up the highway alil huh. join my group i have a few now. on myspace an here now too.
but aparently the engine i'm running is a 70cc or 80cc. it's a screamer.

dont knock it...

hey it sound like BS but...have you tried it? any extra octane over whats needed is wasted but thats gasoline...blow your motor up, i say!

Oh BTW...

in cASE YOU HAVENT NOTICED... this guy has no pedals, but nevermind that he says hes gone over 50mph on that pos stingray! WOW! do my taxes go towards burial?

yes i am..

if that thing goes 50 plus on the bike you pictured i am jealous! but then again have you read all the other posts? i havent tried what (you say) youve done, bro, but most of us find it quite unbelievable...

Back