engine leak?

noble b

Local time
9:18 AM
i just built my first bike and been through my first gal and maybe half of another. but i looked at my engine and i looks like it is leaking oil and/or gas out of the head i think that is what it is called. but was wondering what to do about the problem.

Attachments

• bike engine 2.jpg
    bike engine 2.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 164
  • bike engine2.jpg
    bike engine2.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 179
i just built my first bike and been through my first gal and maybe half of another. but i looked at my engine and i looks like it is leaking oil and/or gas out of the head i think that is what it is called. but was wondering what to do about the problem.

If it's between the head and cylinder...mill head and reinstall with copper cote sealer.
Between the cylinder and case, replace the cylinder base gasket. What size is your engine?

-----> HT engine tips....

thats an oil leak? huh? where? i see a streak of goo on a fin, thats about it.

you arent used to 2 strokes, are you? that there engine is called spotless. immaculate. clean enough to eat off.

theres a minor bit of black gunk that comes from the exhaust. havent seen one yet that doesnt leak a bit there, despite the gasket.

be happy. it means youre running enough oil and shouldnt sieze up soon...

that's good news headsmess. yes i am new at this and want to make sure everything goes good with it. how long do these things last normally. also i was looking at the hd axle system and wondering how it all work and if it works with all normal sprockets and if its worth the money to get.

it is possible to keep a 2 stroke clean on the outside.
but, they will "mark their territory" because you are burning a mix of gas and oil.

thats the whole charm of em, the smoke,oil leaks and the sound. gotta love it

Back