Engine mount on 700c hybrid bike possible?

bailsafe

Local time
7:12 PM
I have the bike shown here, a Huffy Main Street Lexington 700c hybrid bike, and am looking to motorize it. I'm not sure where to start, though. Just need some advice on 2-stroke vs 4-stroke, friction drive vs belt or chain drive, rear mount or center mount. I live in rural Pennsylvania which is moderately hilly around here, and it will be my main vehicle for getting off of campus.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

A 2 stroke will fit in that frame, but probably not a four stroke. Friction does not work as well in wet and icy weather. Chain drive is probably best for you.

A 2 stroke will fit in that frame, but probably not a four stroke. Friction does not work as well in wet and icy weather. Chain drive is probably best for you.

I see a lot of engines that say "Fits Most 26" Wheel Bikes (Mountain, Cruiser, Chopper, Road) with V-frame", notably on BikeBerry, but this is a 700c 29" bike. Is that gonna be a problem or is it just something to ignore?

Four stroke engines are taller than two strokes, because of the valves and the way the engine mounts (from the bottom). The diamond frame (top tube parallel to the ground, or level) accomodates almost any engine. More recent (post 2000) frames have a sloping top tube, with less room for an engine. The first pic is a diamond frame. 2nd is a sloping top tube frame.

These Guys can figure it out Ghettobike http://ghettobike.com

49 cc Mounts.jpg
j pred mount.jpg
p mount q - Copy.jpg
r hub - Copy.jpg

Back