Engine overheated...

sparky

Local time
8:17 PM
I ran my 33cc hard for a good 25~30 min. WOT the whole frickin' time. I hit 35 mph at one point (20" wheels mind you), and the engine was running great for another mile. I happened to look back for traffic, then realized my engine was smoking and shortly after it cut off. I pedalled for a couple min then started it back up like normal.

Good times.

well sparky
that's flying speed on that THING !!!
you are riding a 4-stroke -- right ??
wonder if the smoke was just from very hot ((expanded oil)) being filled to the high side ??
have seen this happen before -- mainly because I have been known to overfill
it's back to normal you say ?? rings must be ok ?? it's a good THING !!!

ride that THING --- hard !!!

No way. 2-stroke, man!! Still haven't tried the Subaru on it yet. Having too much fun with the speed and simplicity of the 2-stroke.

Only time it's ever happened. Rode plenty of times since then with no problems. Just not as long and hard.

Let me clarify...

I happened to look back for traffic, then realized my engine was smoking and shortly after it cut off.

It cut off all on its own... I saw it smoking, and it started getting slower and slower as I tried to vary the throttle like normal... and eventually I pulled over because of traffic and it just stalled out.

Everything was fine after cranking a few minutes later, but I just wanted to know if I'm the only one who's experienced something like this...

Don't know, but I'd pull the head off and look at the cylinder bore to see if it's all scratched up...if so, you'll need another cylinder, piston and rings. There's really no reason for it to over heat if it's forced fan cooled, unless your gas/oil mixture is lean.

Cris

35mph for a 33cc engine is darn fast! I'm guessing you and your bike are light as I have to tuck and be on a slight descent to gain that kinda speed on my bike. If you ride this way a lot the RSeho35 is probably going to be somewhat disappointing to you. Even with a 1 inch roller my robin can't come anywhere near beating the mits43 climbing hills or accelerating. It's a nice engine for sure but it's a bit gutless compared to a lot of other engines out there.

Back