Engine Overrevving! Tryed changing carb and throttle cable. STILL DIDNT WORK!Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I replaced the carb barrel and the Overreving stoped but now. It doesnt even have any power AT ALL! Like No Torque, or topspead, I was going 15 and the engine sound like it was starving! I also opened up the magneto cover and there was NO Black oil. However there is like a black Sludge that is under the carb on the engine block. It was there for some time I just never really payed attention. Its very thick like waxy and very black. In the end the bike didnt start after a while... Ahh... problems. Any suggestions at this point?

When you say you replaced the carb barrel, I guess you mean the slide.
Have you checked/replaced the spark plug?
Have you checked to see that your cable is adjusted properly to get full throttle?
Double-check your carb assembly.
The sludge sitting on top of the crankcase probably means that your carb has leaked a little in the past.
If you fit a new plug and run it until it warms up, you could check the colour to get an idea of what's going on.

Also the gaskets are not leaking they are all fresh and brand new.

Do you know how many times "It can't be that...it's brand NEW" that I've heard? Remember this...Just because it's brand new it doesn't mean it's worth a d**n. Especially dealing with this Chinese junk. I say junk because it is compared to other countries products. Although I have minimum problems out of the ones I've built.

Last edited:
I would check and see where you have the slotted washer.
On top of the needle e-clip or underneath the needle e-clip.

It belongs on top of the needle e-clip.

Also if you can flip the bike over with the plug out and rotate it a buncn.

I've had my crankcase fill up with gas because of the carb leaking into it.

try to start it a bit and let me know if the plug is wet or dry.

Ok Well. First problem. When I disassembled the carb I noticed something quiet strange. THERE WAS FUEL INSIDE THE FUEL BOWL. So there was fuel actually slushing around inside the fuelbowl! Not everything began to make sense. the float wouldnt rise and the carb would overflow and feed to much fuel! Once i changed the fuelbowl It ran like before except a little slower but I think its because of the fuel I mixed. And Occationally the same thing happened with the throttle but I think that is because the throttle slide gets stuck. I have to check that out some other time. I only got about 2 hours to play with it today. Any comments?Suggestions? Sofar. I am having the same prob but its not as reoccuring as the last time. It happens ONLY sometimes.

Ok Well. First problem. When I disassembled the carb I noticed something quiet strange. THERE WAS FUEL INSIDE THE FUEL BOWL. So there was fuel actually slushing around inside the fuelbowl! Not everything began to make sense. the float wouldnt rise and the carb would overflow and feed to much fuel! Once i changed the fuelbowl It ran like before except a little slower but I think its because of the fuel I mixed. And Occationally the same thing happened with the throttle but I think that is because the throttle slide gets stuck. I have to check that out some other time. I only got about 2 hours to play with it today. Any comments?Suggestions? Sofar. I am having the same prob but its not as reoccuring as the last time. It happens ONLY sometimes.

Isn't there supposed to be fuel in the "fuel" bowl?

Or did you mean fuel in the float. That makes more sense.

I am having the same prob but its not as reoccuring as the last time. It happens ONLY sometimes.

Which problem, flooding or slide sticking?
If it's the slide, check it over visually for small dings etc and smooth them if necessary. On one slide, I found a tiny blob of the coating on the surface, making the slide tight. It worked perfectly after the imperfection was removed - it's the slide I'm using now.

There was fuel inside the Float itself. It was pretty strange. First time I seen something like that. And Perhaps the slide is a little rough im gonna check it out. Get back to you guys in later on. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back