engine placement

S

stick

will the dax motors run at an angle? i see that in the pictures that the engines are set in such a way that the carb is perpendicular to the ground, so i guess the question is can it be tilted one way or an other and still keep running?

Within about 10 to 15 degrees off of level, a float type carb will still work. However I had trouble trying to install an engine on a chopper type bike where the seat post was at too great of an angle and the chain wouldn't work into the engine right...it hit the case of the engine.

And then science gave us the "Dremel" and "JB Weld". The dremel will remove any clearance issues, mostly shaving off the fat around that upper bolt foundation.If necessary JB Weld is for fabricating the intake using copper plumbing fittings to get the right carb. angle. The carb. opening is an odd size requireing JB Welding a created shim around the copper intake opening and overfilling the slot with the JB Weld. It can be filed to match after it has cured.

i cut my intake and braized it off to the side a little to have the carb sit offset on my electra. and my sidecar bike has a motor off a 20inch the carb wouldnt fit on u can see the motor has been modified to fit the carb real low.

motor mounts

Comparing two different motor placements the grubee whopper stopper has high placement of the mounts in the frame and the engine is raked and motokruisers engine placement (pics in chopper for sale) the engine is mounted lower and level.

I like the look of motokruisers engine placement, the question is, does it work?

wheels

Back