engine seized?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kinda have the same problem. I took off the cover chain doesn't seem to be jammed. still nothing.

ps. i can load a few photos if it would be more helpful. it seems to be something inside. maybe the bearing? the chain wont seem to budge at all.

Pictures say a thousand words, or so I have been told.......

This is my bike. been riding since late may. been doin small type maintenance on it. nothing too big up until now.
DSC_0569.jpg

well this is the part that wont move. doesn't seem to have any type of bind or tangle in it. it just wont move at all. I tried pulling the clutch cable a bit farther back and still nothing.
DSC_0183.jpg

well I took it to a biking event i pedaled for maybe an hour to get there. by the time i got to the event it was getting harder to pedal when i had the clutch chilling with the lock on it. I then began to ride the bike holding in the clutch the whole time. I did this for about 2 hours maybe. till finally it became difficult to ride. it started to feel like when i first arrived to the event..till finally the back wheel decided not to move anymore.:confused::geek:

just a thought

can you pedal the bike with the engine drive chain removed?? will the rear tire spin with the engine drive chain removed??

Remove the gear case cover and let us know what you find, or post a picture of it.

well i removed it and when i work the clutch only the bottom left side of this picture moves. and i found this build up of this black fuzz. I'm guessin thats from the pad inside?

DSC_0191.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, the black fuzz is from the friction pads.
Things in there look awefully dry. How often have you greased the gears?

Next step:
Re-install the sprocket cover and reconnect the clutch cable to the release arm.
With the clutch lever squeezed in, the inner part of the clutch should be able to spin when you roll the rear wheel.
The outer part with the gear teeth should not move.
Try it and let us know what happens.

Last edited:
Also, the outer clutch plate should move out about 1.5mm when you squeese in the hand lever, and move back in when you release the hand lever. Does it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back