Engine Smoke

StoreKeeper

Local time
11:53 AM
Pacific Beach //San Diego,Ca,US Navy,LSCM
I bought a bike with the 66c engine ( new) and used 4 OZ per 1/2 gal for 2 tanks and then went to 3 OZ after that.

I have about 5-7 hours.

It seems to still smoke alot

The spark plug is a Great Master 4118c .

What would you recommend

New plug? (Which one/Where to get it/ Gap.

Carb adjustment/

Less oil in fuel mix?

Tanks in advance

Bruce/StoreKeeper

Last edited:
go to 4oz per 1 gallon. 32:1 ratio.
Spark plug NGK B6HS or BP6HS.
The "P" one has projected electrodes that will stick further into the combustion chamber. It will not fit on some engines. It does fit mine though.
Also, I run Maxima Super M, a "smokeless" oil.
http://www.maximausa.com/shopping/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=15

I highly recommend using a quality pre-mix oil made for motorcycles, regardless of manufacturer. Do not use weedwacker oil. Your MB engine has a tougher life than a weedwacker.

The "P" one has projected electrodes that will stick further into the combustion chamber. It will not fit on some engines. It does fit mine though.
http://www.maximausa.com/shopping/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=15

I highly recommend using a quality pre-mix oil made for motorcycles, regardless of manufacturer. Do not use weedwacker oil. Your MB engine has a tougher life than a weedwacker.

Thanks for the update!

Any place in San Diego,Ca where i can get these things?

Rx Bruce

Any good motorcycle store, other than a Harley dealership.
Try to support the small shops if you can.
I got mine at Full Throttle Powersports in Santee.

He sells Maxima oils, NGK spark plugs, fuel filters, and every kind of motorcycle accessory you would typically find at a shop. He does not stock a ton of parts, but can order them and have them in a couple of days.

GearNut is correct.
I just double checked the math and 4oz per half gallon is 16 to 1. That is why you still have smoke. It's way too rich with oil. 3oz to a half gallon is still only 21 to 1.

Jim

Last edited:
Well currently what in the tank that smokes alot is 6 OZ per gallon.

Gallion is 128 OZ divided by 6 =21.33 to 1 ratio.

5 OZ to a gallion is 25.60 to 1

4 OZ to a gallion is 32 to 1

Is my math right?

What should I go with?

Thanks in advance

Rx Bruce

Last edited:
4oz per gallon, 32:1 ratio is what I run, has never failed me, and is what I recommend for high quality motorcycle pre-mix.

I'm going to the shop tomorow morning in Santee and get the oil and spark plug NGK B6HS. that you recommended

What gap on the new spark plug?

Rx Bruce

Back