Engine Supplier...

W

Whiteride

Hello All

With the controversy surrounding two strokes in our area and the very real possibility we won't be able to purchase them in Canada in the future, I have been looking for a spare 49cc motor. I have contacted several Canadian and US motor bicycle dealers asking about purchasing one, but none of them ever bothered to reply to an email. Seems as something unique to motorbicycling to provide no or poor customer service. Perhaps there is just such a huge mark up an profit on these that some distributors don't need the sales? In any case if anyone on here knows on here I might get a complete 49cc motor I'd be very happy to buy one. Of course a four stroke that would interchange would be an option as well. Now if I could only get a dealer to reply to an email...

Cheers

question started some speculation in my head - why not a 4-stroke exactly shaped like the HT, even if it had to be a twin cylinder to get the power right?

anyone heard of such a thing?

on several ebay sites I buy from they have the little 49cc motors - google should bring them up

Sorry not getting some of these replies, I'm realy just looking for someone who sells replacement 49cc motors complete and ready to go. Was I not clear in my original post?

Try this website. Type in your query (motored bike) and the country you reside in (canada) and you might just find your answer.

Put a little effort in yourself, ya hoser.

With the controversy surrounding two strokes in our area and the very real possibility we won't be able to purchase them in Canada in the future,

The same thing is already happening in Australia. In only a few short months, there will be a nation wide ban on motorised bicycle engines, which means that the importers will no longer stock replacement engines or spare parts.

Time to get all of your spare parts whilst you still can.

Try this website. Type in your query (motored bike) and the country you reside in (canada) and you might just find your answer.

Put a little effort in yourself, ya hoser.

Yeah tired that thanks, with poor results and no reply from the found dealers, thus the reason for asking on here where I was hoping for a serious reply. I guess I was expecting too much.

The same thing is already happening in Australia. In only a few short months, there will be a nation wide ban on motorised bicycle engines, which means that the importers will no longer stock replacement engines or spare parts.

Time to get all of your spare parts whilst you still can.

Yes there's a move on here in Canada as well with an eventual ban on all two strokes.. It boggles the mind when one thinks of all of the lawnmowers, weed wahckers, and other two strokes out there...

Did manage to get a quote on a replacement 66cc engine available in Canada, so overall it worked out well enough off of this forum.

Back