Engine Turning

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by Egor, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Egor

Egor Guest

I was trying out some engine turning on my new kit from Dax. This is a 65cc econo kit on an old bike someone gave me, I will do the paint and the like later. I am going to use a drop down tank, and some comfort bars. Let me know what you think? Have fun, Dave

Attached Files:

2. mickey

mickey Guest

Nice effect.

3. azbill

azbill Active Member

looks pretty cool
    give us more !!!
    (don't tease :lol:)

4. Egor

Egor Guest

OK I will list all the improvements so far. The engine is the Dax 65cc, I ported it all the way, thats raising the exhaust, more than it was from Dax, and they are using the 1.1" from the deck, the 1.1 is excellent is I just can't leave anything alone. I lowered the intake port 1/8" and removed the webbing from the scavenging ports. I am going to use a carb from a Honda, it is a 18mm butterfly carb, it will probably be on a Reed valve intake. I don't think I will use an air cleaner I want to use a Velocity Stack. I know it will take miles off the engine, but it looks soooo track racing. I think I am going to use the reeds from an outboard Evenrude. I advanced the ignition timing a full 10 degrees. I am going to use the drop down tank from Dax and make some panels to disguise it to look like one of the classics. I am going to make a springer front end out of two pares of forks, the second pare I will split the top tube and add the springs on the inside, something in the old Harley stile. I want to extend the bottom forks in the rear to give it a lower tracker look, and the paint I have not decided yet. What would you like to see? any ideas? I want to get a tubing bender and have some fun later, I will keep you posted. Have fun Dave
    PS: The pics are the before and after porting the web out of the Scavenging port, and the other is one way to increase the port timing.

Attached Files:

5. RATRODER

RATRODER Guest

ok Egor you beat me to the engine turning,but how did you advance timing?,did you recut key slot?,pic. please. louis

6. Egor

Egor Guest

Rat Roder - Yes you guessed it. I did a full key, but I think that is a bit much. I think I will cut it down to half a key. I made a filler to keep it from slipping, and remember the engine rotates opposite of the wheel rotation. Is that avatar your car? I have a 29 Ford Roadster sitting on a 27 chev chassis, been in there for 20 years. Have fun, Dave
    PS: Can you see it in there, poor thing.

Attached Files:

7. Egor

Egor Guest

Added a hanging tank, what do you think? Have fun, Dave

Attached Files:

8. RATRODER

RATRODER Guest

Egor,that tank is cool! changes the looks of the bike,And yes the avatar is one of my cars,a 29 modelA chassis with 27 body.louis

9. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Nice jod on the turning...looks good!

10. alesterfeind

alesterfeind Guest

Cool ride! What brand bike is that?

11. Egor

Egor Guest

I think it is a Pacific, that is what is on the grips. It has been around the shop, so I decided to put a happy time engine in. The frame is large, that is how the tank fits. A smaller frame would not work, as it is the fuel stop is close to the carb. I got the tank from Dax. Have fun, Dave
    PS: I have to keep the seat down so that I can reach the pedals.

12. Scottm

Scottm Guest

That bike will be turning heads as well as wheels. Nice job.

13. wow Nice job on the motor and love the tank Im dieing to see it all done keep us posted

14. Egor

Egor Guest

Took the bike out for a ride today, what a perfect day in So. Cal. Was a little warm but kept moving. Went out to the Queen Mary and along the fishing wharf. I took the advance out of the motor timing, I did not like the way it ran. It would not run slow any more. The engine is breaking in nice, I gave up on trying to get the engine to speed up, now I want to see how well it will pull and run slow. I think it will take a few weeks to run the tank out of fuel. I got a flat at the end of the day but I was near the shop so it was OK. I am having a hard time figuring out a color for the thing. I am thinking of British racing green! but I need a contrasting color for a panel and striping. Have fun Dave

Attached Files:

15. forrest

forrest Guest

Hello Egor

Your bike looks nice, I really like the under bar tank. In my opion it looks so much better than the top tanks.

Forrest

16. azbill

azbill Active Member

british racing green w/tan accents/striping
    (like the tan interiors on the old jags)
    just a thought :D

17. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Very nicely done sir! Yes AZ, I think tan or cream accents, like an old Norton would be just the thing there...
    Again very well done bike...

18. Egor

Egor Guest

Went riding with my new helmet, what do you think. I found it floating in the river, disinfected it and ready for a new life. At least I did not find it in the Tip. Can you guess where I am! And what is that Ship in the background? Don't cheat looking at my Home 20. LOL. It was a beautiful day.

Attached Files:

19. azbill

azbill Active Member

looks like a floating hotel/convention center to me
    oh ya, they called it 'the queen mary'
    I took a tour on it many moons ago

I must admit, if I didn't recognize her, I would have looked at your locale

Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  20. Live_to_Ride

Live_to_Ride Banned

Nice work! If your wife won't tell you your doing a fine job...I will!