Engine Turning

I was trying out some engine turning on my new kit from Dax. This is a 65cc econo kit on an old bike someone gave me, I will do the paint and the like later. I am going to use a drop down tank, and some comfort bars. Let me know what you think? Have fun, Dave

Attachments

• PICT0070.JPG
    PICT0070.JPG
    291.7 KB · Views: 1,564
  • PICT0071.JPG
    PICT0071.JPG
    338.3 KB · Views: 736
Cool ride! What brand bike is that?

I think it is a Pacific, that is what is on the grips. It has been around the shop, so I decided to put a happy time engine in. The frame is large, that is how the tank fits. A smaller frame would not work, as it is the fuel stop is close to the carb. I got the tank from Dax. Have fun, Dave
PS: I have to keep the seat down so that I can reach the pedals.

wow Nice job on the motor and love the tank Im dieing to see it all done keep us posted

Took the bike out for a ride today, what a perfect day in So. Cal. Was a little warm but kept moving. Went out to the Queen Mary and along the fishing wharf. I took the advance out of the motor timing, I did not like the way it ran. It would not run slow any more. The engine is breaking in nice, I gave up on trying to get the engine to speed up, now I want to see how well it will pull and run slow. I think it will take a few weeks to run the tank out of fuel. I got a flat at the end of the day but I was near the shop so it was OK. I am having a hard time figuring out a color for the thing. I am thinking of British racing green! but I need a contrasting color for a panel and striping. Have fun Dave

Attachments

• PICT0109.JPG
    PICT0109.JPG
    351.7 KB · Views: 269
Hello Egor

Your bike looks nice, I really like the under bar tank. In my opion it looks so much better than the top tanks.

Forrest

Very nicely done sir! Yes AZ, I think tan or cream accents, like an old Norton would be just the thing there...
Again very well done bike...

Went riding with my new helmet, what do you think. I found it floating in the river, disinfected it and ready for a new life. At least I did not find it in the Tip. Can you guess where I am! And what is that Ship in the background? Don't cheat looking at my Home 20. LOL. It was a beautiful day.

Attachments

• PICT0139.JPG
    PICT0139.JPG
    217.8 KB · Views: 237
looks like a floating hotel/convention center to me
oh ya, they called it 'the queen mary'
I took a tour on it many moons ago

I must admit, if I didn't recognize her, I would have looked at your locale

Last edited:
Back