engine type

Discussion in 'Whizzer Motorized Bicycles' started by j3000, Mar 8, 2013.

1. j3000

j3000 New Member

DSCN0260.jpg I would like if someone could help me ID this engine type the serial # is WME009109.

2. irving

irving New Member

the motor is NE5

the motor is NE5

j3000 likes this.
  3. j3000

j3000 New Member

Thank you, now I know what kinds of upgrades I may want to consider.

4. irving

irving New Member

remove the carburetor and remove washer manifold. Change the time a tooth up. change lifters lifter by the mooron

j3000 likes this.
  5. Quenton Guenther

Quenton Guenther Motored Bikes Sponsor

Do not remove the restrictor plate as it helps keep the carburetor cool. Simply open the hole to 18 MM to match the rest of the intake port.

If the motor is an early NE it will need a set of mushroom lifters, if it is a later version, the lifters wll need to be upgraded.

The head should be milled .060" and the head gasket MUST be copper. Head bolts should be replaced with grade 8 bolts as the originas will stretch. All washers should be reomved from the head bolts EXCEPT for a single thick washer on each. Torque bolts to 185 INCH pounds, and the larger 10 MM bolts to 210 INCH pounds.

The cmashaft is most likely advance on your motor, however you should check as they weren't consistant during assembly.

The lifter clearance should be .007" intake and .009" exhaust.

The carburetor jet size is too large and should be reduced to either a #82 or #84 main jet. The needle should be set with the clip in the second groove from the top.

Have fun,

j3000 likes this.
  6. mason_man

mason_man Active Member

IT is the early NE, doesn't have the large aluminum carb spacer.

Ray

j3000 likes this.
  7. j3000

j3000 New Member

I have limited mechanical abilities but I am learning very fast. Any pictures or videos that can walk me threw the process will help. The carb was rebuilt this winter and the engine has over 1100 miles on it. If you need any pics just let me know.

8. j3000

j3000 New Member

Thank you for your time guys..

9. Quenton Guenther

Quenton Guenther Motored Bikes Sponsor

Check out all the "sticky" notes at the beginning of this section and you will find hundreds of pictures and information n upgrading your motor.

Have fun,

j3000 likes this.
  10. j3000

j3000 New Member

thank you Quenton