Engine Won't Start/Stay Running

mshunk93

Local time
11:16 PM
I recently got my bike after it was sitting covered, outside, at my mother-in-law's house over the winter. I knew it needed a few things to get her running again, so I bought a replacement CNS carb (not my ideal choice, but I figured it would run about the same as it did before,) a new Jaguar CDI with the 5 DIP switches and a new throttle assembly/ cable. Anyways, after installing all of this, I managed to get it to run and idle, though not as well as before. Then I was running it one day and ran out of gas, so I took it home and two days later got some new gas mixed 32:1 and took it for a ride. It was running as it did before, then I took it up a hill and it died near the top when I pulled the clutch in at a stop sign. So i tried to start it up again and nothing. I tried a few more times before I made it home and no luck. Over the next week or so, I changed jets, float levels, needle positions, etc with no success. The best I've been able to get was a nice start up to top speed then it would immediately bog down and die and not start again. Or it will fire under heavy pedaling but not actually start. Any insights into this problem would be appreciated. It's an older version of the CNS carb I believe, with the red filter cover.

Back