Engine Trouble Engine wont start? TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by fastboy9, Apr 7, 2008.

1. AssembleThis

AssembleThis Member

Warranty, whats a warranty?

LOLOLOL

Rage Post! Sorry man just kidding. Been there done that, What I did was buy 4 motors, 1 as a back up for quick change up and 2 as parts so I can repair my motors myself. Yeah my first motor break down went very similar. Sorry about all the problems, hope your able to get the parts and skills to fix them yourself because the only person you can truly depend on. Is yourself!

2. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

just curious as to who it was that sold it to you

3. Zackiriyah

Zackiriyah Member

So what to do If your piston is frozen up?just brought a flying horse black >.maybe there could be rust ,but im not sure

4. crassius

not enough info - what makes you think piston rather than bearing or gear lockup?

how old is motor?

5. Zackiriyah

Zackiriyah Member

I dont know much about engines but i do know that the piston is just stuck ,tried a few methods but i think it may be a crank problem,but i dont know

6. crassius

if you're sure the motor won't turn (and it isn't the clutch or chain sticking), then I'd first take off the cylinder to have a look at it

you didn't say how many miles are on it

7. Gregory5169

Gregory5169 New Member

My motorized bike does not iven try to start up

I got a new motor and it doesent even try to turn on i took the spark plug put to see if it works and it does carburator works also idk whats rong with it any body close to me ill pay if they come and help me put with this problem!!!! Need help asap

8. crassius

might help if you said which country you're in

9. nishikidrift

nishikidrift Member

I'm in Portland,Oregon,U.S.A. I have spark, fuel and air, I have taken the carb off, drained it and peddled around for a while draining any flooding that could have happened in the cylinder, then made sure the exhaust was empty and dry (short of a lighter to burn off any remaining oil and fuel.) I dont know whats wrong with this engine.

10. crassius

how old is it, what kind of motor, is head gasket tight

11. nishikidrift

nishikidrift Member

new, it doesn't even have ten miles on it. yes, the head is tight.

12. ayo2001

ayo2001 Member

hello, i'm new to the motorized bicycle world and i'm having a bit of trouble with my 80cc engine (Chinese engine unfortunately) I was on my way back to my house when all of a sudden the bike comes to a complete stop and the back wheel locks up. I also saw smoke coming out of the cylinder . So i tried to pedal and get the engine running again but nothing happens and its really hard to pedal when i pop the clutch. I'm not sure if the engine is seized or what but i know its not the chain getting bunched up. I can still move the bike freely when i disengage the clutch but if i try to get the engine started up it doesn't do anything, it doesn't turn over ,no kind of noise , nothing. Any idea what the problem might be?

13. crassius

is the spark plug wet with fuel? is the fuel fresh and oil mix right? did you try the choke?

14. crassius

I'd open both left & right covers and look to see where turning stops (or binding starts).

15. KCvale

KCvale Motorized Bicycle Vendor

Just a note, there is no such thing as 80cc despite the hype, they are 66cc.

Did you run it on plain gas?
    I mean at all, even just a block?

That's exactly what happens if you don't put 2-stroke oil in the gas @ 25:1 for break in and then 32+:1 after a gallon.

Several other things can cause a seize like someone pouring a bit of sugar in your tank, but that is the #1thing.

16. ayo2001

ayo2001 Member

no i didn't run it on plain gas, i always mixed it with oil, but like i said before it was running fine until a couple of days ago , i don't know why, i'm still very new to all this stuff, mabey its my piston or something, when the rear wheel locked up i did see that alot of smoke was coming from the cylinder area, what does that mean?

17. crassius

it could mean some kind of leak, but it's hard to keep track of symptoms at the end of a long thread like this

why not try starting a new thread with a clear statement of what seems to be happening

18. ayo2001

ayo2001 Member

ok where exactly do i do that at?

19. nishikidrift

nishikidrift Member

i will look at the plug this morning. i have tried choking it and the gas is still at the break in mix, on the first tank and the gas is only a month old and stored in a dry spot.

20. crassius

I'm getting confused over which posted has which problems because we're down 18 pages in a thread that is meant to just have a checklist of things to look at when troubleshooting.

Scrolling up & down to find which is which is hard.

Why not both you guys start a new thread in this 2-stroke forum with type of motor & type of problem in the title and only one set of symptoms in each?