Official Engines Online Shop Reviews

Discussion in 'Dealer Reviews' started by Anton, Sep 8, 2012.

Please rate your experience with Engines Online Shop: (You MUST also post a review)

1. 5 - Excellent

2. 4 - Above Average

3. 3 - Average

4. 2 - Below Average

0 vote(s)
  5. 1 - Poor

1. Anton

Anton Administrator Staff Member

2. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

On the website it states the 49cc H/S is 4 to 5 hp. Don't think thats right.
  3. DoIt AllPauls

DoIt AllPauls Member

no its not it 2 hp at best
  4. sactownie

sactownie Member

Great prices, great shipping (even to california), great product.
    I am a 1st time motor biker here so I can only compare them to what I have read about other vendors. I got the straight plug 66cc kit. Everything was included that it said except they have a typo for the type of chain. They state 210 but its really a 415 chain. My kit looked new and there wasn't even a trace of debris or rust in the fuel tank.
    Most of the bolts holding the covers on were like he-man tight. A few appeared to have stripped threads but It actually wasn't the case.
    After I received my hardware kit from SBP all the screws fit nice and tight, turns out the cheap chinese bolts were not grabbing the case threads very good.
    I have yet to fire this engine, got it last week and the complexities of a 1st time build and using a shift kit have put the install time a little longer as I'm waiting on a 1/2 link for the 415 chain. Ill update the review once I start breaking in the motor.
  5. sactownie

sactownie Member

Well the engine I got from enginesonlineshop ran fine until I got to gallon number 2 then the crankshaft broke right where the magneto bolts to. I had it running through a shift kit and never ran it high rpm's . I cant figure out why it broke, I'm going to contact enginesonlineshop monday and see what they say.

6. sactownie

sactownie Member

Looks like im going to be eating a new motor myself. I used it 3 weeks is all but it took me 2 weeks to install it and i am past the 30 days warranty. I will say they replied to my email asap so thats all good. Ill probably be getting a replacement from them since there the cheapest vendor shipping to california. Just make sure to run that SOB like hell the first 30 days.

7. sactownie

sactownie Member is not working with me, they wont even send me a kit for a discounted price, Avoid this guy like the plague! DO NOT PURCHASE A ENGINE FROM HIM. This was a total failure heres pictures of it after 1 1/4 gallons ran through it!

mag 002rr.jpg mag 003rr.jpg mag 004rr.jpg mag 005rr.jpg
  8. bahramu

bahramu Member

Geez, I'll be installing my 66cc HT from Enginesonlineshop this weekend. Hope I've got a good one, will keep you updated
  9. sactownie

sactownie Member

I ended up ordering a whole new kit from same place, I had no choice living in good ol california, it was $20 more then i originally paid. Just got it today, motor is spitting image of the 1st one except it has a slanted plug head. 1sth thing I have done so far is pull the mag cover and I noticed the magnet comes into contact with the stator coil on it and I think this is what killed my 1st motor before it was fully broke in.
    I will search the forum to see how to adjust this and I would do the same anyone buying from this place. The 1st engine was a excellent runner until it just without warning broke so im not letting that happen again!
  10. bahramu

bahramu Member

I just looked at the gap on mine between the stator coil and magnet. There's a 1/4" space on mine. Definitely enough clearance
  11. sactownie

sactownie Member

1/4 inch? dont know how your measuring but basically its only a space of a piece of paper "air gap." make sure you are turning the crank when you check the clearance. Both sides need to clear it. My new motor from the same place has double the power then the 1st one, ad im sure its cause I adjusted the air gap correct.
  12. bahramu

bahramu Member

Measuring by eye but the eye's pretty accurate. Definitely at least 20 pieces of paper size "air gap" :). And I rotated the crank to check. Haven't run it yet
  13. Big Red

Big Red Active Member

THEY SHIP TO CALIFORNIA AND the price is right. all china gurl engines are made in the same 6 or 8 factories in China, about the only difference in them is if they use bearings or bushings at the wristpin and chinese or Japanese crank bearings. I got a kit for a customer in 3 days from them. just as good as BGF if not better on shipping. THEY SHIP TO CALIFORNIA........
  14. sactownie

sactownie Member

I have 1 1/2 gallons through my 2nd motor from them so far.
    So far so good, this was about the point where the 1st broke. Keep checking that magnet to coil clearance. I took my old motor to a old friend that was a machinist to look at he said it definitely broke cause the magnet was hitting the coil but by design its suppose to shear the key off in the keyway of the crank! not supposed to snap the crankshaft! I guess they made the woodruff key out of stronger material then the crankshaft!
  15. Bzura

Bzura Member

I placed 2 separate orders for 2 separate people hours apart on the same day. Each order was for one engine each. These 2 people have very different names & live in different states that are not even near each other. I thought everything was just fine.

The next day I got an email with the FedEx tracking info & it was listed the 2 engines shipped out as a 2 item shipment to FL. Thinking I may have made a mistake, I checked my account on their website, and I saw my two orders with two completely separate people, addresses & states just as I had entered them.

At this point I wasn't upset, I just sent an email with my order numbers to enginesonlineshop, and I told them what I had just discovered. I asked them if I am mistaken or if these 2 engines are going to the same place. After 4 or 5 emails back and forth without getting a clear answer I finally get a reply telling me to "just don't worry about it, we are taking care of it." They gave me some BS fedex # that was supposedly a re-address number or something, but after calling fedex a few times and trying the number on fedex's website it didn't get me any info. So I figured I'd just have faith in what I was told.

Today, the guy in FL receives 2 engines. I contacted enginesonline again, and they still don't believe me. I contacted them again. I finally got a response blaming fedex and the "holiday rush" for this mistake. I never got an "I'm sorry..." "We'll take care of it" "What can we do to help you..." NOTHING from this company.

Here's what they told me: "you can call fedex tomorrow with the tracking numbers. They'll tell you what you can do to fix this."

What I can do to fix this??? I know what I can do, I can call my credit card company and do a charge back. This is the service I got from this company. I thought the Black Friday $129 engines were a good deal. I thought wrong. Now I'm scrambling to try to fix a mistake that they clearly made and won't even acknowledge.

I hate to badmouth people or businesses like this, but I've not dealt with anyone so smug & disrespectful in a long, long time.
  16. Leroybrown420

Leroybrown420 Member

I had great luck with these guys. I Ordered 1 engine kit on Sunday and had it Wednesday Morning. Fast shipping and I was shipped exactly what I ordered.
  17. sactownie

sactownie Member

Update to my 2nd motor.
    I had 1 minor failure after about 350 miles. The coil went out but it went with a warning, It only would run with a small spark plug gap of .18, anything over that would misfire when cold. I ran it like this for about 2 weeks then it just crapped out on me.
    I ended up putting the coil off the 1st motor on it after cleaning all the magnet debris off it and wow what a difference, I have been running it with a .30 plug gap and it has so much low end torque now.
    I dont trust that coil off the original motor because the magnet rubbed it and broke the crank so I ordered another one off ebay. The new one looks alot better then the ones from, the solder joints look alot better and they eliminated the useless white wire. will install the new one soon.
  18. sactownie

sactownie Member

I am wrong on the miles on the 2nd kit, it has more like 600 miles on it as of today, running strong.
  19. selldoglee

selldoglee New Member

You said avoid them and then you end up buying a second engine kit from them. Did you only advise us to avoid them because they wouldn't give you a discount on a second engine?
  20. sactownie

sactownie Member

Hi, I was disappointed that it broke in a short time but yea I wanted to buy from another vendor after but no one would ship to California so I bought a 2nd motor from them as I had no choice.
    I made sure to go through the motor checking clearances the 2nd time around, sure enough the mag coil was contacting the magnet on the 2nd motor so I adjusted it with some paper doubled to act as a feeler gauge and I ran that 2nd motor for at least 1000 trouble free miles until I sold the whole bike a week and a half ago.
    On the plus side the new owner has a parts motor with very low mileage so I would recommend again, just make sure to check everything out before running it. I was a total newbie and didnt bother with that check, if I did im sure that crank would not have broke.