EPA Declares Breathing (CO2) Is Dangerous

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by safe, Dec 8, 2009.

1. safe

safe Active Member

2. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

I think I'll vent my paintball guns CO2 canisters out of spite. Grrr.
  3. kerf

kerf Guest

Just think about the regulatory consequences. Either extreme cost increases or outright bans on paint ball tanks, soft drinks, welding gas, aerosols, dry ice, fire extinguishers etc. People are just thinking cars and power plants but this could have a far reaching impact, we're giving away our God given rights to a bunch of lying politicians and incompetent bureaucrats.
  4. safe

safe Active Member

The Free Speech Tax

Let's see if we can somehow invent the most absurd government taxation idea... that way if something like it actually happens we can look back on what we wrote.

How about a "Free Speech Tax" which taxes the CO2 in the air that people exhale while giving a political speech. The idea would be to have a very high tax for this... like $1000... per day but with a condition so that if you were part of the corrupt party you would be given a tax break.

All who oppose the corrupt regime would get taxed $1000 per day for breathing.

People who oppose the tax in a political speech are automatically taxed by it.... that way you have the perfect self advancing mechanism for increasing government power over a helpless people. (might be a little too obvious though)

The better option:

"Global Warming Skepticism is Hate Speech"

...using a similiar law you tax people $1000 or arrest them if they use "hate speech" which now is defined as those that are not believers in straight line warming theories.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  5. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

It's simple. Just plant more ferns.
  6. kerf

kerf Guest

Sounds like a plan.
  7. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Don't the stoners who grow their own weed release CO2 in their greenhouses to encourage better plant growth?

Seems to me that the plants that produce the oxygen we breathe don't really mind the minute increase in CO2.

The EPA has been given way too much power.

Sulphur Dioxide = Dangerous Pollutant

Carbon Dioxide = component of the earths atmosphere.
  8. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

yep... I used to grow plants indoors. When you inject co2 into the local atmosphere the plant growth explodes and they grow like 2 - 3 times faster and like twice as big. My question is this... if the atmosphere is so completely over-saturated with co2 to the point that we have to tax ourselves into poverty or we are gonna die, wouldn't the plants be growing faster and larger all over the planet???
  9. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Yep, that is natures checks and balances system to preserve itself. Going back in history.......waaay back :grin5:......that is what happened. Nature is pretty hard to control just because of the sheer massiveness of it. Civilization may have a local impact (smog in LA or driving a local species into extinction) but over all, we don't have much of a climate changing impacr. Locally, we have a perfect example. Some of the local gold mines were running up till the 40's. If you hike through the areas now, the area is already being reclaimed. The area had been pretty much clear cut, and small cities built, but now it has reverted to rain forest.
  10. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

yeah... nat geo did a series on what would happen if man suddenly disappeared. All the towns reverted back to how they were before in less than a couple of years. Even after Chernobyl the local ecosystem flourished... look at the pictures on google. People can safely go there now w/out protective radiation suits... they said it would take thousands of years.

Its amazing how they can produce one documentary that shows the "irreversible harm" that man is causing... then the next shows what happens after even the most destructive of mans devastation, nothing. Absolutely nothing that time couldn't reverse...

All you have to do is follow the power and money... that seems to be what this is all about.
  11. harleydave

harleydave New Member

I wish all the politicians would practice their speeches in a hot air baloon.
    That would pretty much eliminate the problem for the rest of us.
    We would never see them again !