Eric, Boston, MA USA. Hello! Plan on building motor bicycle in Puerto Rico next month

AmericanRoadwarrior

Local time
8:02 PM
Hello.
I'm likely going to build a motorized bicycle down in Puerto Rico this holiday season during my annual 3 week vacation.
I'm looking at a 80cc engine kit
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281212216861
BTW, what does "66/80cc" stand for?
Any advise on extras I should buy and have ready will be appreciated including tools.
The little reading I've done so far indicates I should also buy a headlight and mirror.
Thank you

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
The chinese measures an engine in different way. They like putting 80 cc on their products to imply you're getting a bigger engine. The actual size of the engine is 66 cc.

Yes get mirrors and a head light. Here in my state of Tennessee I'm not required to have signal, brake or tail lights but I do. This is for my personal safety. Some general hand tools is what you'll need. When it comes to tools can you ever really have enough of them??? LOL

Welcome to the forum. Have fun riding the motorbike in PR. Different members emphasize different things. My big three are front brake, helmet and eye protection. Buying a Chinese engine is a little like buying a live animal, like a dog or horse. You may get a good one and you may get a bad one. You don't have full control over that.

Back