Evans Power Cycle Replica

Status
Not open for further replies.

d_sugar

Local time
12:09 AM
Hello to all from a New Greek member of this true fun community.

Just to quickly introduce myself, I'm a Mech Eng for living and a bit of everything for having Fun, that includes carpendry-electronics-hydraulics-pneumatics-milling-drilling-turning-restoring-planting.......in other words everything you can have in your mind and has to do with hands and machines. Also another bad habit I got is that I collect everything it my be useful, (most of the time its not ...... until the time it will face the bin) thus wife call me a scrap yard owner :p
All the above requires a lot of surfing on the net time that sometimes get you in trouble.... in other words to fall in love.. :) Like a year ago I saw a ridley 1903 on the net and from that time on i fell in love with motored bikes.
I decided then to buy a felt 1903 cruiser and convert it to M.B but with no luck so far because 1st there is no dealer in Europe that has a 1903 in stock and no way i can buy it from the US as the customs will be triple the price of the bike :( bloody Greek Laws)... anyway after several attempts trying to find my way i came across a pic on the web of an Evans power cycle. From that time onwards I lost my sleep trying to find a way to build a replica of such a bike. And here comes YOUR precious help..........
Does anyone know where I can find dimensions of this bike.? Does anyone here have such a bicycle to help me copy it? I mainly want the frame dimensions in order to modify an old mountain bike i have in my scrap collection:). From the pics I find on the web seems like a 28" wheel bike. Am I right???
Looking forward to hear back from you
Dimitris

Last edited by a moderator:
Dimitris...welcome to MBc. I'm glad you found us, because I think we can help. I, personally cannot help, because I have no earthly idea what sort of bike you are talking about...But, hope springs eternal. We have some real Gurus in these Forums, and over 10,000 members world-wide, I do believe. We also have an excellent search function, and best of all, we have a Forum titled 'Heritage Lane'. I would suggest that you start reading thru that Forum, and post your questions there. You can also try the General Discussion Forum. I hope you get a nibble there somewhere. BTW, be sure to read all of the 'Stickies' at the beginning of each Forum, and especially the ones at the top of this Forum. They lay out the 'rules of the road', and rules of the Forums you are expected to follow (no flaming Ouzo for the kids.)<just kidding, of course> Good luck on your quest. I feel certain that someone here knows what you need and who's got it.

PatrickW

Last edited:
thanks for the nice words Patrick....
i hope i find a guru here to teach me soon:) As far as for searches i am doing this a year no.... and i havent found a single think for this bike in regards of dimensions, not even the wheel size.
I have also noticed after searches that there is a member named "evanspowercycle" (VEEEEEERY LUCKY ONE) -if you read his story you will understand why- that he owns such a bike but there is no way i can contact him by email

thanks for the nice words Patrick....
i hope i find a guru here to teach me soon:) As far as for searches i am doing this a year no.... and i havent found a single think for this bike in regards of dimensions, not even the wheel size.
I have also noticed after searches that there is a member named "evanspowercycle" (VEEEEEERY LUCKY ONE) -if you read his story you will understand why- that he owns such a bike but there is no way i can contact him by email
Sorry for the dictionary.........:)
As far as for searches i am doing this a year noW.... and i havent found a single thing for this bike...............

Contact Evans

Dmitri...Have you read all of the information in all of the posts in these threads both started by Evanspowercycle?:

Restoring and restarting a 1919 EVANS POWERCYCLE by EVANSPOWERCYCLE in Heritage Lane Forum on 6-17-2011 at 01:00 PM and

Hello from a 1919 EVANS POWER CYCLE located in south of France by
EVANSPOWERCYCLE in Introduce Yourself Forum on 06-17-2011 at 11:50 AM

Besides the post by Evans, there are numerous others posts by Members Happy Valley, Bigkahuna, Chris Crew, Schulz 123, CUPID, etc. all of whom have been around quite awhile. Have you tried sending a PM (Personal Message) to any or all of them to see if they might have contact information (email address) for Evans? It might be worth a try.

I will do that Patrick.
just yesterday i found out that i can send a private message to a member.
thx again for your nice support
;)

Patrick....
I got in contact with pascal and he is willing to help :)
i ll keep you all informed with the progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back