evel k is dead

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by nopedlenhere, Nov 30, 2007.

1. nopedlenhere

nopedlenhere Guest

We all lost a great sportsman today..almost all of us has wished to be the wild guy who would jump over anything..bike or motorcycle..we loved to watch him..and see him in those horrable crashes..who in their right mind would jump on a almost stock H.D. and live to tell about in....lol. Well the world is just a little less fun now...:-/

2. azbill

azbill Active Member

he was one of the great showmen
    RIP :(
  3. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

A legend in his own time indeed! R.I.P Evel.
  4. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

He was one of the gutsyest showmen ever. His son is following in his footsteps. Big footsteps!
  5. Smallwheels

Smallwheels Guest

Any time he was doing a jump I would be glued to the TV. I really liked him and what he did.
  6. wavygravy

wavygravy Guest

a true cyclist! look how many bones he broke & kept getting back on! i got back on too! but not nearly as many broken bones how about the rest of the gang? anybody else broke any bones cycling, or have any crazy kid stunt tales of dareing do? how about the first plywood ramp after watching evil do a jump! my hats off to old evil!!!
  7. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

at the age of 14, i was inside riverside park (agawam MA) early because my old man raced figure-8 at their track ...

so, nothing's going on yet, we're cruising around in front of the track box-office, paul richards and i...and OMG here's evel coming at us on his golf-cart, full white leather and gem-stone getup, cane and all! noone else around. he invited us into the office half of his flex tandem trailer, served us dr pepper from his dorm fridge, sat behind his desk, and gave us easily a half-hour of general gab, just being nice to a coupla young kids (guys, i'm crying)...

he signed our tshirts (no, i have no idea what happened to it) and off we went, i watched him jump inside our little 1/8 mile oval that nite, and never forgot it :D

rest in peace, mr. kneivel, you've earned it :cool:
    "....Get a bicycle. You will not regret it. If you live." - Mark Twain - May 10, 1884
  8. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

You will allways be with us EK !

Attached Files:

9. Sorry for this post,but he was a wife beater and friends would say he wasn't very liked.
    I was there thruout his career. I was glued to the TV just like everyone else,and I too told everyone as a child that Evel was crazy if he thought he could cross the grand canyon in that rocket...it was like a mini version of a failed moon voyage.
    He was really famous for his crashes,man.
    Today we have Robby and people say he's not a likable person either.
    I take my hat off for anyone when they pass on,even for Evil for he was a showmanship,but he didn't set too good an example when it came to being a role model.
  10. beast775

beast775 Guest

evel kneivel-my hero has jumped to the next level!

what a kool frikkin man and he had such a great life!!!!!all hail the man from butte !!!!!!evel,ive broken bones and knocked out teeth trying to copy him but jumping over a smashed car doesnt even come close to what hes accomplished, wow i actually used his idealogies in life,what a great man and what a great life:grin:
  11. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2007
  12. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

We all have skeletins in our closets and we don't know the specifics of his personal life so maybe we should just remember him for the great entertaiment he gave us?
  13. minibiker

minibiker Guest

yes he was a great man and a great motorcyclist. he has always been one of my heroes & i doubt that any one will ever come close to the accomplish ments he has made in his life
  14. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

we had 2 threads goin', it was best to merge 'em...scottm, i told my story in detail here, wasn't braggin' but fondly remembering, i cried a few whistful tears as i posted it. it brought back more than just memories of the man, but of the time, too :cool: :cool:
    "....Get a bicycle. You will not regret it. If you live." - Mark Twain - May 10, 1884
  15. atcspaul

atcspaul Guest

i still have my ticket stubs for evel jumping over the grand canyon. he truley will be missed
  16. I saw the Evel Knivel Movie on the theaters back in the early 70's? or late 60's..I don't know, but it changed my life. From the moment I saw that movie I wanted to ride a motorcycle or bicycle and do wheelies , jumps, spinning my back wheel & burning rubber...I might have been like 12, 13 or so.
    By 15 I got my first motorcycle...not after braking my arm at 14 doing BMX. It was a steep learning curve. I probably did the first downhill mountainbiking on a long steep hill near my home, where I was going at full speed with my back wheel locked up for about a mile long...that's how steep and fast it was. It felt like skiing down a slope with some ditches and obstacles on the way. Real fun.
    Anyways by 17 my MX was getting there to the top place finnishes in races.
    So yes, my love for two wheels as a sport has a lot to do with watching that E.Knivel movie as a young teenager.
    Evel R.I.P.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2007
  17. minibiker

minibiker Guest

he never tried to jump the grand canyon he did attempt the snake river canyon on the rocket cycle
  18. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

I believe he was going to attempt to jump the Grand but opted for the Snake.
  19. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

I gotta say, the guy was my hero. I really knew nothing of his personal life. But at that time it seemed like he was a pretty good hero.