Evening visit from the Cops....

JohnnyLoves

Local time
12:33 AM
~~~Rant Warning~~~

Just the way I wanted to end the daily commute today, with a ring at the doorbell from East Haven's Finest. Unfortuantely for me, one of the neighbors called in a noise complaint this evening as I was driving up the block. Apprently, despite my bike being street legal, it is just too noisy for the surrounding neighborhood. They cannot stop me from riding it, but they left me with the warning of "be more considerate".

To me this all sounds like malarkey. I'm practically the only one in my town with one of these things (besides "mbcass") so they know who exactly is riding this thing everywhere. Its not like I blend in exactly in this world of cars, motorcycles and vespas. I wonder how they would feel if I rode home every night on a nice V-Twin Harley.

Yep, sorry about the rant, I had to express my anger with someone.

pffft
Neighbors can suck
I can understand if it was around midnight or something, but even then at least have the balls to face you instead of whining to the pork.
He11, If they think a MB is loud they should hear my VW bus with a muffler-less exhaust cruising down the road:LOL:

I wouldn't worry about it. I had jerk neighbors when I was a kid about 25+ years ago who used to call cops on my 700S Nighthawk which had a loud exhaust. The cops could only check to make sure I didn't have a straight pipe and the 20 stack of disks on my supertrapp 4:1 exhaust was perfectly legal. I was always considerate and never took it above 4k rpm on the n'hood street and accelerated gently. THey didn't even like the sound of it idling in the driveway when I'd start it each day.

If your bike sounds like a weedeater on steroids I can see where some folks might get a lil upset. Theres 2 sides to every story. I see that your young so that must explain it, I used to like the loud noise too so im guilty of the same. But now loud drives me nuts and anything that pierces my peace and quiet annoys me.........different strokes for different folks but I wouldnt call the cops unless it became unbearable and affected my sleep.

You say that you were riding it in the evenings. That is from 6pm-12pm. Riding at 6pm , or so , shouldn't be a problem, but I NEVER ride after dark, to respect others. Don't forget, many people are working long hours/different shifts, now.

This won't happen for the cops cannot tell you who called you in but any way you can find out at what STREET the complaint came from? And if it's your street then maybe find out which end so at night you know to never cross that part of the street and simply go around the block.
Everyone wins this way.

I have had the cops called on me at least 4-5 times, by the same jerk who lives down my street, and here's the irony, he drives a big f-350 diesel that is easily louder than my bike when he leaves it idling in his driveway for 20 minutes almost every day. And to add to the irony, his next-door neighbors have 2 harleys with loud exhaust, and they have never had one complaint. I don't know what it is about my bike that throws people into a hissy-fit. It might be just the pitch of my exhaust and not the noise level.

Oh, and I never ride my bike after dark, only in the evening, when it isn't 90 degrees outside.

I do come home during the late evening due to my EMT Training class, however I have been trying to be more courtious. I kill the engine before I reach my cul-de-sac, and I pedal up the hill to my house. I didnt think this was a problem till my neighbors dog broke through the "pet electric fence" and started barking and snarling a foot from my bike. I didnt know what do, so I kicked the engine on and sped up the hill. Its not courtious to ride with my engine on at night, but it isnt safe to ride up my street with it off.

Back