Ever heard of Tobukaeru??

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by TheStrayMule, Sep 23, 2010.

1. TheStrayMule

TheStrayMule New Member

I was looking around for bikes for my first build and I ran across a bike made by
    "Tobukaeru".

Searched in the forums and found nothing, so I was wondering if anyone knows anything about them. :)

Attached Files:

2. RedBaronX

RedBaronX Member

um... the fork is on backwards... which I know is not your doing, but I wouldn't put a lot of faith in the dealer that can't put a fork on correctly...

ANYWAY... the space within the frame doesn't look quite big enough for an in-frame mounted, but only a dry-fit or measurements would really tell that

3. TheStrayMule

TheStrayMule New Member

Lmao! I didn't even noticed the fork :rolleye2s:

I will be avoiding this company... thanks.

4. RedBaronX

RedBaronX Member

Since I don't know where this photo is from, I can't exactly blame the manufacturer for the assembly flub... but if the photo is from a dealership, I would definitely avoid that dealership! (unless it's a stock photo provided by the maker :D )

5. Porkchop

Porkchop Member

Hee ! Hee ! I noticed the fork and front brake right off the bat ! Amazing that who ever put that bike together ??? Looks like they did get the front fender correct though ! Geez !

6. TheStrayMule

TheStrayMule New Member

It seems to be some new company that is only selling the bikes on eBay.
    I've determined that its a photo from a dealership though, so I am still considering the bike. Its $140 and here are the full specs.

Frame : 26" CRUISER FRAME
    Fork : CROWN FORK
    Derailleur Shift : SHIMANO RS35 RAPID FIRE
    Front Derailleur : NIL
    Rear Derailleur : SHIMANO TX31 SIS GEAR
    Freewheel : TRIDIAMOND 7SP INDEX 14-28 T
    Chain Wheel : OPC 44T
    Crank : 165 MM COTTER LESS OVERSIZED TYPE
    Chain : KMC 1/2 X 1/8 120L
    Handle Bar : 700W X 315R
    Stem : 22.2 X 120MM X 150L
    Brake Levers : 3 FINGER TYPE
    Brake Arms : V/BRAKE TYPE
    Rim : 26" X 1.5 X 1.15 MM 14G X 36H
    Front Hub : KT OVERSIZED NUT TYPE W/ 3/8 AXLE
    Rear Hub : KT OVERSIZED NUT TYPE W/ 3/8 AXLE
    Tire : 26 X 2.125 MTB
    Pedals : 1 PC BODY W/REFLECTOR 9/16 AXLE W/ BALL BEARING
    Saddle : PVC TOP DOUBLE SPRING TYPE
    Seat Post : 25.4 X 350 MM W/INSERTION MARK
    Box Dimention : 57 x 8.5 x 30 inches
    Weight : 38 lbs (included box)

The main thing I am concerned about is whether a motor will actually fit. How does this look?

7. RedBaronX

RedBaronX Member

at least the photo is a pretty straight on side shot, so if you can find out the wheel base measurements (hub to hub) you can at least get an idea of the scale of the rest of the bike and the space within the frame.

If I am not mistaken, Cranbrooks have a similar lower crossbar like that bike. Maybe talk to some people who own those and get some frame measurements from them.

If all else fails, see what their return policy is, though having to deal with shipping a bicycle BACK to someone would be a hassle