EVERYONE PLEASE HELP us build a list of engines/motors

Don't forget that there are two diffrent Chineese 48cc engines. One is a square head and the other is a round head (seemingly the stronger of the two)...Kelly

If you havent noticed, I started doing this mod....

I am going to have to shave down some of the "engine names" for formatting reasons.... here is the new list.... if anyone wants to add engines to it, LET ME KNOW AND I CAN GET THEM UP AS OPTIONS.

for now... go in your profile to select engine type and MAKE SURE YOU CLICK "ALWAYS SHOW ENGINETYPE"

No Engine Yet
Chinese 80cc
Chinese 70cc
Chinese 60cc
Chinese 55cc
Chinese 49cc
Chinese 48cc
Russian M-21
GEBE R/S 35cc
GEBE R/S 25cc
GEBE Tanaka 40cc
FBE R/S 35cc Friction
FBE Tanaka 40cc Friction
Other Engine

moderation: i've removed the sticky, as tom has include this feature into our profiles now.

if you don't see your engine-type listed, PLEASE let tom know so he can add it for you 8)

another friendly reminder: e-bikers and rack-mount dudes...let us know what you need added to the list 8)

Don't forget the electrics. . .

I don't even know my manufacturer Chinese? 48V from SpookyTooth and he must be out of them because he only has 36V listed on his website now . . .

JaSoN

Here's a few more, I'll add more later as I've got to split fer now...

Chinese 80cc Chain
Chinese 70cc Chain
Chinese 60cc Chain
Chinese 55cc Chain
Chinese 49cc Chain
Chinese 48cc Chain
Russian M-21 Chain
GEBE R/S 35cc
GEBE R/S 25cc
GEBE Tanaka 40cc
FBE R/S 35cc Friction
FBE Tanaka 40cc Friction
Tanaka 23cc~ Friction (Bike Bug, Sears Free Spirit, Montgomery Wards Lil' Devil)
Zipper 49cc~ (Tecumseh) Friction
Island Hopper 49cc~ (Tecumseh) Friction
Dimension Edge 49cc~ (Tecumseh) Friction
Staton Inc.~ Geared/Belt, Friction, Geared/Chain drive
Whizzer~ 148cc flathead 4-stroke Belt drive
Fox~ Friction
Chicken Power~ Friction
Monark Super twin Twin Cylinder~ Belt
Jack and Heinz Twin Cylinder~ Belt
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually...there's no such engine as Russian M21. What you are talking here about, is the "D" series of engines - D4, D5, D5M, D6, D8 and D8E (lined up by the production year). Basically same layout, but some details are different.
The chinese engines were copied from D4 at 1950-s hence the similarities.

cool info, vax, thanks.

tom? is there room to add some of those options? or maybe just the one vax needs for now? vax, which one?

Back