Exhaust Cutout Availability for 4 stroke

48rob

Local time
4:55 AM
Does anyone know of a source for an exhaust cutout that would fit a 7/8-1" exhaust pipe (or somewhere sort of close even)?

Rob

Make one from the flange on a stock pipe. Make up a steel plate to cover the flange and use an exhaust gasket, nuts & bolts to hold the cover on. when you want open exhaust, just remove the steel cover.
weld the pipe with the flange to a hole in the existing pipe before the muffler.

Lou,

That is correct.

It is for a 4 stroke.

I can make my own and simply unscrew a plug or cap, but I'd rather have a cable operated cutout.
I'm not a machinist, so the butterfly valve is beyond my ability.
I see several electric options on line, but to the tune of several hundred dollars.
I'm thinking 50-75 bucks...

Rob

if you want cheap and easy without worrying about looks, why not just go with a brass in-line air shut off valve?
they have a lever mounted to the side of them to open or close the valve. these may have plastic bushings inside, i'm not sure.(Google "brass air shut off valve" to see what they look like)

or. check your local hardware store for in line garden hose Y or T fittings. they can be made of brass or steel and they have on/off levers on them, but i think they may have plastic parts or bushings inside.

Last edited:
Back