Exhaust kits for small engines

You made up a pretty nice looking noise suppressor awhile back didn't you Kerf, how's that worked out?

It might not be worth it ...

Your just adding more weight and something else that will need maintanace.
I just dont see much gain to make it worth while..
"IMO"
:cool:

One way to find out, bolt that sucker to a bike and fire her up. Earplugs anyone?

I don't have a mounting kit yet and no clutch drum. You know what will happen if I start it with no clucth drum. Guess I could take the clutch shoes off, but that's actually more trouble to me than it's worth. I don't guess it really matters how loud it is, either I'll use it or not. And if I do, I'll just have to put up with it !

Your just adding more weight and something else that will need maintanace.
I just dont see much gain to make it worth while..
"IMO"
:cool:

JMO, the expansion pipes are light and worth their weight in power. There is no maintenance once you install it. Set it and forget it.

The ADA Sl pipes on the Mits engines are quieter than the stock mufflers. On my front engine I use 39" of flexible rubber tubing to route the exhaust down to the crankset. I did not install a muffler and the sound is still not that objectionable.

Porkchop, why would you want to start up the engine now? You could've run it when the auger was on it.

Wait for the kit.

JMO, the expansion pipes are light and worth their weight in power. There is no maintenance once you install it. Set it and forget it.

The ADA Sl pipes on the Mits engines are quieter than the stock mufflers. On my front engine I use 39" of flexible rubber tubing to route the exhaust down to the crankset. I did not install a muffler and the sound is still not that objectionable.

Porkchop, why would you want to start up the engine now? You could've run it when the auger was on it.

Wait for the kit.
You must have over-looked or misunderstood something on this thread. I have no intentons of starting that motor until I get it mounted. I saw a video of your build and remember the tube on your front engine. I'm only looking for someting that will work as a noise supressor. Not performance. The engine may be alright as is. I don't know. Haven't started it up yet. I'm just looking ahead for ideas !
Thanks !

I'm guessing the engines slightly louder than a compratable engine,but more torquey.
I've got a Honda35 on my friction & it's LOUD...loud loud(and rattley)..........doesn't bother me that much though.
Still contact BMP's for any feedback they have about this engine & possible accessories(eg,larger tank)
"attach a straight pipe to the existing muffler just to redirect the exhaust"....if u want to.Personally i can't see the need for it cos the exhaust is directed to the side,but if your keen attach some angled tubing so any exhaust is directed rearwards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I'm just going to leave well enough alone until I get the mounting kit. The auger attachment was a pain to take off, and I'm not about to reinstall it just to start that engine. I can wait. I said in a previous thread that it probably took more time to take it off than it will take to install the whole friction drive kit ! Good idea about asking BMP for feedback ! Thanks !

..... PC .....

Back