Exhaust exhaust muffler broke off, safe to ride?

jatgm1

Local time
12:45 AM
i was riding my bike today and the exhaust, the original chrome one with the end that can unscrew, its muffler litterally just broke off. can i ride it like this?

Attachments

• KIMG0154.jpg
    KIMG0154.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 505
by like this, i mean can i pull off the muffler and just ride it, i mean, i dont care how loud it is, the question is will it damage my engine.

I like to have at least 6 inches or so of pipe to keep cold air from being sucked onto hot piston crown - you should be OK if that much is left.

could i just bend the pipe or something for now to give it enough back pressure to run?

I like to have at least 6 inches or so of pipe to keep cold air from being sucked onto hot piston crown - you should be OK if that much is left.
the entire metal pipe is there, just the muffler fell off. take a look at the picture.

wasn't sure if pic was before or after : )

start it up & see how it runs

what would indicate a problem that could be damaging to the engine?

I wouldn't expect motor damage, but speed may be less and neighbors may complain. (speed *might* be greater depending on tune of the engine)

your engine will be fine, your ears might not be. for your own sanity I'd suggest replacing it. good opportunity to buy an expansion chamber exhaust for it

Back