Expansion Chamber System Recommended for Grube 49cc

gearhead222

Local time
9:53 AM
Dear Fellow Members-I have a stock exhaust on my 49 cc Grube 2 stroke , mated to a 26" Huffy Cranbrook Beach Cruiser. Am wondering if there are ANY expansion chamber exhaust kits out there that mate to the engine with no fitting mods. Looks like I can choose this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161129108226?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

or this:http://www.ebay.com/itm/111372086710?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

What worries me more is needing to buy the 2" finned extension to get enough ground clearance, which costs around $40.00! Here is that:http://www.ebay.com/itm/321387939575?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Any constructive feedback is greatly appeciated:)-Gearhead222

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
one...how much will you pay?

two. how much will you pay?

and three...exactly how much did you say you would pay again?

cus if you want a work of art that fits and works ;)

Dear Fellow Members-Received my expansion chamber exhaust and it's sweet! Any recommendations on how to secure the exhaust to the bike so as not to crack any of the welds? I used some scrap aluminum on my stock exhaust and am thinking of using a ring clamp on this new exhaust, with perhaps a bolt in the middle Again, any constructive feedback is always appreciated:) Gearhead222

Got the exhaust system and it appears that my Grube sits too far forward, as the expansion chamber is maybe 3/8" away from the front wheel:(-too close for comfort and not enough nipple to make it worth bending, IMHO. Sent back:(-Gearhead222

i was going to say, bracket, half wrapped around, with extension spring to hold chamber in tight... and some type of spring at the header join as well...

now all i say is ha ha :giggle:

Attachments

• PICT0290 (Large).jpg
    PICT0290 (Large).jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 501
Hey Jester! Nice job with the bailing wire! Ya' think that your throttle cable is long enough? Love the spring loaded idler wheel!;)

observant!

its the stock tensioner ;)

i couldnt be bothered finding the sidecutters when i did that throttle cable so wind it up i did :) should see the clutch cable! thats mostly on the bars...

previous attachment. i also couldnt be bothered taking a new pic! the wire isnt tight because it was to stop the thing twisting more than anything. now it has a bracket as described above. few years ago now. still going strong :)

Looks like shyte:) Yah, I know it's the stock tensioner- I was being sarcastic:)-BTW, they suck. Been using a spring loaded tensioner for the last three years-Gearhead222

good for you :)

the shyte appearance prevents people from taking it :) the colour of the new (though its also the old, just resurrected) frame also helps :giggle: double butted cromo, nice :)

HPIM0164.jpg

ill keep my springs where they're necessary, holding down an exhaust so it doesnt break off ;)

HPIM0159.jpg
HPIM0160.jpg
HPIM0161.jpg

and keep my solidly clamped tensioner where its required to stay stationary

HPIM0165.jpg

though i will use a spring tensioner on the other side, as MTB frames dont allow for moving the axle to tension the chain when running 3 speed hubs :(

HPIM0162.jpg

due to accidents long ago, the derailleur mount was twisted, ruining the thread. theres a reason they use replaceable mounts on most frames now :)

Back