Expensive kits

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sitherus, May 19, 2016.

1. Sitherus

Sitherus Member

Im out of commission until i get brakes but while i was browsing for parts on ebay, I found this http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-80CC-2-...007344?hash=item3a7dc29530:g:FLAAAOSwQItUCN7G It baffles me on what kind of person would spend that kind of money on just the kit when you can buy entire bikes http://greensboro.craigslist.org/bik/5567285858.html for pretty much the same if you want an expensive piece that is, I've seen them for as low as 200 for the kit the bike and performance parts not just that cast crap.

2. KCvale

KCvale Motorized Bicycle Vendor

Hehehe, these pop up every now and again, they only need one sucker to buy it.
    If you want a good engine kit don't shop E-bay, hell I never do.
    I like real Skyhawk engines myself, bicycle-engines.com has the real thing, gasbike.com has nothing but fake stuff.

3. 45u

45u Active Member

They are all over eBay not only motor kits but parts.

4. Sitherus

Sitherus Member

I bought my motor kit on ebay last year for 80.00 flat it worked for a year and than this year i needed a new carb, plus someone stole my exhaust. this year i put it on a new bike and with some help from the people of this forum it runs great again. I don't believe in spending more money for the same product.

5. HeadSmess

HeadSmess Well-Known Member

sometimes a vendor lists an item for a ridiculous price, as they are selling something ELSE to someone, and its been organised beforehand.

ive done it before, bought two engines for 300, the guy listed a WASHER as the item. who on earth is going to buy a WASHER? for 300? me! cus i knew it wasnt. we had arranged it that way.

then sometimes they just hope someone is really stupid :)

Frankfort MB's and Timbone like this.
  6. sully 1617

sully 1617 New Member

you have been very lucky with your kit. if and when something breaks and it will, you may have a very difficult time finding parts to fit that motor. not ignition they are mostly the same. engine parts from CHEAP kits are made at factorys that try (and i do mean try) to copycat a engine made from a reputable maker if there is one in china (not) anyway you'll find the bolt holes don't line up or the covers have bad molding marks etc. in short the cheap ones are hard to get a part fit match. it is truely worth buying a skyhawk. don't waste your money on ebay go straight to the seller and buy directly from them most of the time you can get good conversation on how to's from them via email or phone