Expression of interest second South Aussie MBc run. Discussion thread.

Would probably take me 45mins to ride there at a rough guess.

A fair ride, but Im up for it.

That really sucks about the train, I intended to use the train from smithfield to dry creek for a work run and bike it the rest of the way (I work about 6 kays from dry creek station). How likely would it be for them to know about it if I was on?

I was also thinking about getting a bit of canvas, 2mtrs by 1 mtr, and draping it over the top of the bike from the front of the tank to over the back seat. Would say its to keep my bike dry. Would they be allowed to look under the cover?

A removable petrol tank might do the trick. You make a specialy fitted tank from one of those lawmower containers. It's the only plastic container they let ya fill at petrol stations.

Rig one of those up somehow so it comes off conveniently and put the container in a back-pack before you get on the train.

All ya doing is peddling a bike with a motor, but it don't run cos it has no fuel tank. When ya get off the train, clip on the fuel tank and way ya go !

That might work. fabricate a quick release fitting for the existing petrol tank and use a petrochemical quick connect with double ball valves for the fuel line.

That way I can remove the tank and put it safely in my backpack.

The fuel line quick release is easy, blackwoods should have something, failing that BMW motorbikes have quick release fittings on their fuel lines.

The only one that requires thought is the quick release for the tank.

Well it seems there are a few of us. So bearing in mind the weather, how much advanced notice do people need for a ride?

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDS10034.shtml

Gives us basically a weeks forecast for the weather, so the next weekend that seems fine will be good?

I did a 40km ride this evening, so my bike is going from strength to strength. I am still basically running it in, but if I know we are going to meet for a ride soon, then I can do that run every day to clock up the kays. Having typed that I might do that anyway :LOL::D

Okay Bolts has put forward next weekend.

The BOM says the weather is turning late in the week, so as a suggestion lets make it next weekend, but if the weather turns ****, exactly 1 week later. I can run a poll say mid week to see peoples preferances.

I looked through all 55 pages of the memebrs list and found the following Adelaidians.

ashman
Bogaurd
bolton75
dirtypaj
djase10
ducatiluke
fetor56
garydl63
go you good thing
Happyzeds
mean lean
nickk
Peter
Phil_McCracken
road_motor
rod
screaming emu
Simon_A
wanger
wheelsy
Ynot

I would say some arent active members but we have a few members. Now its just a matter of which day and where shall we all meet?

Once we can agree on a central point to meet we can formulate a run.

Any suggestions?

we could meet on linear park maybe ? it depends where everyone is from. i have a trailer i can take mine and my sons bike maybe another

Back