Extensions

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by davidsis, Dec 10, 2006.

1. davidsis

davidsis Guest

What is the difference between extensions on web addresses. Like what is the difference between .com .gov .org and that sort of thing if this is .com then howcome nothing sold on here like???????

2. Tom

Tom Active Member

there really isnt any difference, except in price. .com and .nets are like 9 bucks/year, .info are like 16 bucks a year or maybe 8? i dunno, it doesn't make much sense to me.

I chose .com because i read many places that it is easier to remember a .com address than a .(anything else). Often times people will type in "something.com" when its really "something.net" but not so much the other way around.

3. istbenz

istbenz Guest

4. davidsis

davidsis Guest

Windows XP

Hey does anyone have any experience with computers and know about windows XP? I am having problems with my HP computer.

5. tirebiter

tirebiter Guest

There's probably a few here that might be able to help. What's it doing....or not doing :?:

6. istbenz

istbenz Guest

whats up with it? maybe we can help ya :D

7. davidsis

davidsis Guest

Windows xp

I am trying to re-do so it is the way I got it from the factory and it says I am missing my Restore.log file. I have thought about pressing the f10 key while it is re-booting, and I was wondering if I should use my Recovery disks when it askes if I want to install a different opperating system.

8. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

still need help?

i'd be glad to helpya, but i need more info...i'm actually better at pc-techin' than bike-mechin', tho the bikes are a ton more fun :)

make/model/link-to-support (if possible)

give me that, and we'll see what we can do 8)

9. davidsis

davidsis Guest

Aug

Hey, thanks aug I am going to get working on it at a later date. Kind of bussy right now with X-mass and everything. We can talk some more later.

10. davidsis

davidsis Guest

11. davidsis

davidsis Guest

Youtube

Hey, I tried to download a video onto you tube and it still is not on there. How lond does it take to process that sort of thing anyone know? It appears as if it is on there according to the my account page.

12. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

dunno 'bout that, but that's a pretty slick avatar :wink:

13. Tom

Tom Active Member

Mine was up in like an instant. If you are still having troubles, you can e-mail me the video and I can post it for you.

14. davidsis

davidsis Guest

15. Tom

Tom Active Member

Nice! I was looking through youtube last night and noticed it. Nice sticker!

16. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

sweet area for riding...your video makes me wanna come out there & find out what's around the bend 8)

17. etheric

etheric Guest

That does look like some beautiful riding.

18. etheric

etheric Guest

Looks like The Moped Army. There is a branch in Seattle call The Mosquito Fleet.

19. davidsis

davidsis Guest

Property value

Hey, I have property in Daytona Florida. I was wondering how much it is worth. Does anyone know of a web site I can go to to figure out how much my house is worth. The guys who were renting it were college students going to Embry Riddle. I think their school blew down.

20. davidsis

davidsis Guest

Restoreing computer

How do I restore my computer back to the way it was when I got it from the factory. I have windows XP. When I restore it by going to hp pc system recovery I get an error message that says minint\system32\restore.log missing. Any help appreciated.