Extreme rattling when idle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bbish

Local time
5:17 AM
So I have this 66cc motor on my bike that I just installed, I have like 50 miles on it and the other day my bike started rattling when I have my clutch pulled in and increases when I rev it. However when I drop the clutch and put the engine under load it doesn't make the nosie until I get to high rpms. I have already checked all the bolts on the outside and opened up the clutch to make sure the screw wasn't coming loose. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I would just hate for me to keep running it and completely kill the motor.

start with the easiest thing first, put some thick sticky grease in the gears under the clutch cover. make sure it stays off the pressure plate and clutch pads

Check the tightness of every single Fastener on your motorbike. Anything that's rattled loose basically put it back on with blue Loctite.

Sometimes rattling like that could be something that at first seems unrelated like the motor mounts or headset (handlebar mount) being loose.

If it were the headset or exhaust for instance that was loose it might stop rattling under load because the g-forces of acceleration pull it to him consistent position but once you're up to speed it's able to vibrate freely again

Possible that the shakes at idle or with the clutch disengaged are unrelated to the high rpm shakes under load? No real explanation I guess, but I think in either case you'll need to balance the crank, if you search around (especially jaguar's info) you'll find a bit more about that.

I hope you are not mistaking 4 stroking with shaking, often under load 4 stroking will completely disappear until you get to the higher rpms as the speed of the bike catches up with the engines upper limits on rpm, then the load generally lowers as you travel fast enough to match the engine speed better, then it 4 strokes when that load is reduced or when you move faster than the engine is moving.

I noticed too sometimes the drive chain can rattle really rather loudly for some reason, like it resonates with the motor vibration and it goes away as the motor is engaged because it takes the slack out of one side, and at high rpm it can really get crazy with the rattle noise and feel.

Gives you a few things to try looking at maybe.

I just checked all my bolts external and it seems like it comes from the inside. If this matters I had to replace a base gasket then it started rattling and I replaced my magneto too at the same time

Do you own a torque wrench or are you the guy who screwed with his motor without one?

In all honesty a shake just shouldn't occur from a base gasket replacement... Unless you used a different thickness then maybe a chance it could change the timing though I don't see how it would make it shake any more than it did before.

Course maybe it was damaged when you reassembled or perhaps changed some alignment or other odd thing.

Out of coincidence did any parts of your frame break at the welds anywhere on the bike that you might not have noticed before since you probably hadn't looked for them.

Yes I'm the dude that doesn't have the torque wrench. And no I did not screw anything up there was water in the magneto. And I just looked at all the welds and they seem to be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back