Fall In PA

Discussion in 'Travelling, Commuting & Safety' started by BTB Wild, Nov 6, 2007.

1. BTB Wild

BTB Wild Guest

I had a great time breaking in my Tanaka 33CC this weekend. Chilly yet comfortable, I blazed a few sparcely traveled backroads. Couldn't run at full speed over the leaves due to hidden surprises. ( holes, rocks etc) Pic of wife standing at the bottom of a " steep hill". Stereo photography is a preferred medium to render images of slopes and hills accurately. ( for those familiar with free-viewing I can use 3D pics) Otherwise you'll have to trust me....that's a steep hill.:eek:

Attached Files:

2. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

great pics....wish we had (more) trees in kansas. :lol:

did ya hafta ride up that hill? or down that hill?
    where are your bike pics on this run?
    beautiful slice of America, you have there.

3. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Very cool! There are some parts of Oregon that are very similar to that right now. Usually here all the leaves are soaked and mushy...HAHA!

4. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Some day I'd like to see the east coast when the leaves are changing. It looks beautiful.

5. Texas2Stroke

Texas2Stroke Guest

Thanks for the pictures and the memories! I lived in PA (Venango County, 50 miles south of Erie) until 2000 and then moved south for my "career". I still get homesick for PA in the Fall. Thanks again!
    Gary

6. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

For a Desert Rat I have alway loved the fall. I worked up and down the Mississippi from Bimiji MN toward Clinton Iowa. Fall was the only time I would ever think of living where there are trees and water. Beautiful pictures. You got a couple of more weeks.

7. azbill

azbill Active Member

I miss the changing of the leaves
    not much ever changes here in the desert ! :lol:

8. Scottm

Scottm Guest

What beautiful photos, I've been waiting for them. Thanks for sharing. Around here the trees go green, brown, bare. A trip to the NE is on my list of things to do. Next time get a picture of your bike in there so it can be put in a MBc calendar.

9. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Beautiful; jusst absolutely breath taking! We don't have that same majesty of Autumn (my favorite time of year) over here in Western Washington. Someday I'll ride my moto throught the Northeast in the fall... Thanks you for sharing!

10. BTB Wild

BTB Wild Guest

No bike.....dumb

Yeah, like a dummy I forgot to include the bike in the photos. Here's a pic of the new install just before the maiden voyage. ( note leaves in the background:oops:)

Attached Files:

11. BTB Wild

BTB Wild Guest

A few more pics

Maybe alittle off topic but for those missing NE fall, here's a few more. What a great time to MB.

Attached Files:

12. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Nice shoulders on the road, too. Looks like a great place to ride.

13. BTB Wild

BTB Wild Guest

3D Pic

Here's what I mean by stereo photography. I'll post 3D pics now and then if some of you can see the effect.
    While looking at the 2 photos....relax and slowly cross your eyes until a third photo forms in the center. ( cross eyes s-l-o-w-l-y, form a third tree in the center, relax and hold......make sure to relax and watch the third photo in the center come into focus) See 3D?
    Some of you may enjoy 3D..if not you'll see what appears to be 2 flat similar photos. Might take alittle practice. I may post 3D ride pics now and then.

Attached Files:

14. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

i see it!!!!
    it works!!! pretty cool!!!
    now my head hurts.....:D

didn't anyone ever tell you NOT to look cross-eyed? "they'll stick like that!"
    :lol::lol::lol:

15. BTB Wild

BTB Wild Guest

Practice

When we discuss hill climbing for example, traditional 2D pics " fall flat" and fail to render any perception of slope. ( search "stereo photography" and " image pairs" for info about creating such images) There are also viewers and glasses available that eliminate the need to cross-eye etc. But it's actually quite easy once you get the hang of it.
    Here's a few more practice patterns / pics. I'm going to attempt a few shots this weekend. Leaves are nearly down and it's getting very cold around here.
    Still a few sweet spots however.

Attached Files:

16. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Showing hills

Here's the start of Cemetary hill. I think you can get a feel for the grade even in 2D. It helps to have points of reference.

IMG_2040_1.jpg

IMG_2042_1.jpg