Fasteddys side car build

http://tinyurl.com/yajkqcz

Got some of the chrome back today. Came out first rate. The brothers that own the business are third generation platers. Didn't get any before photos but if you look back on the picture lineup I think you can see closeups of the bike and that should show the parts. They were rough.

Total cost was $650. I still have to have the rims, hubs, pedal frames {they say Monark on them} and the springer parts done. I want to be able to return the bike back to original restored and use the sidecar on something else if I want.
I'm using Worksman brake hub wheels with the sidecar. Don't think the originals will hold up.

The weather is supposed to be decent this weekend. With luck I'll have the bike painted.

Steve.

Thanks fellas. I'm worried about something breaking and once more the old guy finishes the trip with flashing lights and men in white coats.

If ya get problems, just tell 'em "WTF", "The Wright Bros. lived to be old and grey", "You never read about them getting in trouble"...

"Are you picking on me because I'm Certified Crazy?"... They'll back right off, (scared of a lawsuit)... Works every time!:giggle:

I just wear the white shop coat when tell'in them these things!!! LOL!

P.S. forgot to add, I love the color of that wood also!

The bike has it's first coat of primer and now I have to go over it and fix the small dents that show up after the first coat of primer. With luck I'll paint it this Sunday.

Called Worksman today to order a back wheel with a drum brake. Whoa, Canadian? Nope you got to call our Canadian distributer. Made that call, guy on the other end was dazzled to find out that Worksman makes a rear drum brake wheel and the fact that there are thorn proof tubes and Kevlar tires, well he went into brain overload.
Now from a simple phone call to Worksman to fax with all the information from Worksman that "I" got off the internet with the numbers that I THINK are right{A$$ holes term} and a discription of what I want and he will tell me on Monday how much.

It doesn't always pay to be Canadian but it always costs. When this is over I have some plans for e-mails that will get someones attention at least for a brief moment.

I am so tired of dumb f*cks.

Steve.

LOL, from some of the comments I've heard, the only thing that keeps that place in business is a quality product...

I meant the color of the wood!!!

The chrome is very nice also, was going to ask who you had do it??? Funny how our dollar's are equal but things cost so much more over there!

It's not so much worksman but the people that have thier product here in Canada. If your selling something you should know what it is. Probably just the dip wipe I was talking to but we will know Monday.

When I was restoring furniture that was my favorite coulor for mahogany.

The chrome was done by Superior Plating in Cloverdale BC. Not far from us. The brothers who own it are 3rd generation platers.

Big write up in todays paper about the cost here compared to the U.S.

Books, magazines and greeting cards are 40% less in the U.S.
TV's and appliances are 15-35% less in the U.S.
Cars and trucks are 5-35,000 Less in the U.S.

You just get used to it.

Steve.

You think that's bad, Steve, you ought to price heavy equipment here and there. Typical Canadian costs are double or more for such items than what they cost here in the States. Guy I know is a road contractor, and when he gets a Canadian contract he simply ships the eqipmnent up from his home base (always equipment he has owned a minimum of one year here), and when the job is finished he sells ALL of the equipment in Canada and buys new here - and still makes a profit on the sales. Which makes it easy to low bid contracts there for him. He LOVES doing business with the Alberta government - they give him impost documentation on the "required equipment" simply for the asking.

Back