FD spindle sheared

u2smile

Local time
12:12 PM
Hi all,

I had this happen the other day. New kit and a cheap one from the manufacturer. It was running along and poof.

I had had problems with this one having the bell unscrew on the decel

Lock tight all good.

Took this one apart to find the bell on the clutch, and the wholes threaded pc twisted off...?!

I have several FD's and have never seen this.
Anyone?

Sorry a no name brand I bought this one fro canadaboys, the other kit had most of the screws missing, and the channel was not tapped for the screws to help position the engine.
By now China should have enough of our cash to become of quality. As the Japanese did in the 70's, But no, GIGO.

U2 buy a dax or staton f/d kit. Those oddball chinese f/d kits have been nothing but trouble for folks. Holes not centered, bells being oblong. All sorts of problems, oh and bearings failing after 20 miles etc......cheap isn't always the best buy.

Rats I thought I'd find a bit o info on a clutch drum here.
I see that Stanton has been mentioned several times here. His prices are outrageous.
I have no idea how you could ask that much for something so simple without blushing?

Rats I thought I'd find a bit o info on a clutch drum here.
I see that Stanton has been mentioned several times here. His prices are outrageous.
I have no idea how you could ask that much for something so simple without blushing?

You get what you pay for. If the original poster had bought Staton to begin with he wouldn't have need to post here.

Back