Finally an easy solution to my not so easy frame mount problem.

Discussion in 'Frame Mounted Engines' started by JohnnyLoves, Jun 23, 2008.

  1. JohnnyLoves

    JohnnyLoves Member

    I finally found a solution to my problem, mentioned here in this same board "Huge Engine Mount Problem". Turns out I fixed the whole thing with 2 large springs, a large paperclip, and the original mounting bracket.

    See Attached Pictures.

    Attached Files:

  2. bushido

    bushido Member

    talk about jerry rigged!

    but hey, seems like a very logical solution to your problem.

    you were the dude that had the stripped front mount hole that was unsuccessfully JB welded right?
  3. JohnnyLoves

    JohnnyLoves Member

    that is correct!
  4. Yeah that will help you break the rear of the engine.
  5. Vey unique. I have seen that done with a large hose clamp...Just a thought.
  6. JohnnyLoves

    JohnnyLoves Member

    I used what I had lying around, so far it seems to be a good fix. I havent had problems with slipping, too many vibrations etc etc. I think the first that will go is the paperclip, so I'll change that in the next forty miles. It's a bit unconventional, but
    "nessesity is the mother of invention". If this doesnt solve my problem and something else breaks, it doesnt really matter because I would have had to buy a new engine block anyway. This way I get some more use out of my engine before it hits the parts box.
  7. wanger

    wanger Guest

    drill out bigger and tap it u fool
    get a machine shop 2 quote 8mm or 10 mm
  8. BoltsMissing

    BoltsMissing Active Member

    The way to fix the problem is bridge building structres in principle.
    Relying on the bike frame alone to support engine torque is not good enough.
    You may need to think through a way of transfering that torque away from the rear studs onto another re-enforced series of brackets.