finally found out whats wrong or chinese bikes drive me nuts

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by foyeburger, Jan 30, 2007.

1. foyeburger

foyeburger Guest

bike was running like crap loss of compression bogging down spitting popping so i thought must be intake leak so put new gasket and o-ring took for test ride still runs like #$%$%R^%^& . so cleaned out the exhaust pipe went for a ride still ran like $%^%$^. so i pulled over and gave it the gas to see if something was stuck in there some were . all of a sudden it was sounding better so what ever it was i blew it out by opening up the gas . went home started to run like ^&*&* again. got home took carb off and started to take it apart and thats when i found the problemm a piece of the carb that goes on the manifold was just kinda hanging there [​IMG] . lucly I HAD ONE OF THOSE CARBS THAT HAVE THE AIR AND IDLE SCREWS NEW . I NEVER USED IT CAUSE I DIDNT THINK IT WOULD FIT. BUT A FEW MODS LATER I GOT IT ON.[​IMG]
    now that fixed it. these newer carbs are hot !!! when i first gave it gas thought i was going to pull a wheelee not but it sure did take off alot faster more umphhh to it noww sometimes for hours your working on it by process of elimination hours go by and i get nuts but what the heck it sure is neat when you do figure it out and it all seems worth it then makes your bonding with your bike a better thing . but still drive me nuts sometimes thanks larry ca

2. Tom

Tom Active Member

that is one bad*ss carb! I want to get a new one too!
  3. pianoman8t8

pianoman8t8 Guest

where can i get one of those carbs?
  4. Can you get jets for that carb? Or does it use keihin jets?
  5. Heath

Heath Guest

carb.... :shock:
  6. foyeburger

foyeburger Guest

hi all i got the carb off of ebay the sellers name was revolution 2006 check out ebay i think grubee has them and try livefast motors call them up they may have some phoe# is on ebay check out motorized bicycles in search. larry ca
  7. foyeburger

foyeburger Guest

these carbs also have a choke lever you put upon the handlebars uses a cable dont know what kinda jets are in it but i like it itws a bit longer with the air filter all added on so i ended up cutting some of the rubber off the air filter and just using a clamp to hold it one that took away about and inch just enoughroom to sqezze it in larry ca
  8. jwibbity

jwibbity Guest

can you put up a link for the ebay item because i cant seem to find another one
  9. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

please use the ebay item # in the search box's what helps pay for free MBc stickers :)
  10. foyeburger

foyeburger Guest

[​IMG] well i dodnt see nothing on ebay but i found them on the grubee website scrooll down a bit about 1/4 way down on right hand side i dont know how to order from him but it looks like he has them from what i can tell how much dont know i think i paid like 38 or 40 for mine about 6 months ago from some guy on ebay any way check them out the called Improved style NSC carburetor thanks larry ca
  11. luke

luke Guest

looks like a old honda two stroke carb.i wonder if it is an old modle carb being produced now in china.
  12. pianoman8t8

pianoman8t8 Guest

i see the new carb, and i want to get it. the problem is will it fit right into the place of the stock one (minus the air filters)? i have a really tight space, and i had to make a new manifold, and i was wondering if i'd be able to just put this right into the place of the old one without any trouble.

13. pianoman8t8

pianoman8t8 Guest

foyeburger: does that upgraded carb have any writing or letters or anything on it that might indicate a brand or model or anything like that?

14. foyeburger

foyeburger Guest

nope got nothing on it that i can see larry ca
  15. chieflets

chieflets Guest

I'd say its pocket rocket one

dellorto chinese replica or walbro

Chieflets :grin:
  16. upgrade chinese carborator sets

HI I have a few of those carb kits. I have not tried them as I am spending all my "developement" (read fun and games modification time) on Whizzers, antique motorcycle replica, and BTR exposed pushrod/rocker engine developement. The kits are 75.00 complete with throttle (with 90 degree noodle), and remote choke lever and cable installed, 10.00 would ship anywhere in the US mike at simpsonmotorbikes dot com
  17. Chopper

Chopper Guest

Was just looking at one of these for my bike, (ebay Item number: 230136426734 for the aussies)

Would like to hear a bit more from those who've tried one.
  18. SlicerDicer

SlicerDicer Guest

19. Chopper

Chopper Guest

Thanks Dicer, though a carb from power Chain is twice the $'s what this seller is offering