Finally pulled the trigger!

top speed of 40 mph, careful with that.

"You're going to poke your eye out" :eek: I know what you're saying though...and I WILL be careful. I really wanted it geared a bit taller to keep my revs down when cruising at 30. I don't plan on cruising at 40. If it doesn't work out, I'll put a different sprocket on there (it's coming with a 17 tooth).

Warner

Can I ask what your reasons were for ordering the 2 stroke Mitsubishi motor?
I've been thinking I'd order the 4 stroke subaru, is it?
Anyway, just wondering if there are advantages to the 2 stroke over the 4 that I haven't read about/am not seeing.
Thanks.
Randy

Can I ask what your reasons were for ordering the 2 stroke Mitsubishi motor?
I've been thinking I'd order the 4 stroke subaru, is it?
Anyway, just wondering if there are advantages to the 2 stroke over the 4 that I haven't read about/am not seeing.
Thanks.
Randy

Randy: Two reasons - more power and lighter weight.

Warner

Really?
The mitsubishi 2 stroke looks much larger/heavier than the 4 strokes.
Looks can be deceiving huh? :)

Must be. There are much fewer parts (and much fewer MOVING parts) in a two stroke engine. And the big complaint about mixing oil in the gas is a non-issue for me. To me it's easier than changing crankcase oil like you have to do with the 4 strokes....

Warner

Today my staton friction EHO35 kit arrived!

I unboxed it and everything looks great. Looks like a high quality kit and engine (except the twist throttle which seems a little cheesy)

Im working like 30 hours a day so I dont know when I'll have time to play with it. Im still waiting on misc parts anyway. I am also pleased at the small amount of hardware it came with ... not very intimidating. :D

OMG i have to get back to work! :mad:

Today my staton friction EHO35 kit arrived!

I unboxed it and everything looks great. Looks like a high quality kit and engine (except the twist throttle which seems a little cheesy)

Im working like 30 hours a day so I dont know when I'll have time to play with it. Im still waiting on misc parts anyway. I am also pleased at the small amount of hardware it came with ... not very intimidating. :D

OMG i have to get back to work! :mad:

Congrats! And good luck with the install...let us know how it goes.

Warner

Warner,

Let me know how the law treats you I am from the Chicagoland area as well.

I will keep everyone posted. I'm in the next city over from you....I'm in Elgin. So is "ihatemybike" (Aaron).
I did a UPS track on my kit and it should be delivered today! So I'll probably start working on it right away....hope to have the bike operational tomorrow....we'll see. I re-read the install instructions and they don't seem too terribly complicated....it should be easier when I have the parts in front of me to see what they are referring to specifically. I'm very mechanically capable and have lots of tools, so I'm looking forward to diving into this project.

Warner

Last edited:
Back