finally took the e-plunge

Local time
11:50 AM
http://www.bernsonev.com/2fast-electric-bicycle-conversion-kits-c-23.html

800 watt regenerative breaking...likely add a dax 32cc to the rear later to be able to have a larger range...man that thing have all kinds of power with both wheel drive! No hill gonna slow this puppy down. I be takin pics later but most likely this will go on the paver it has a taller frame and more comfortable ride than the old schwinn.

Well this bike is gonna have $700 in it by the time I get done with it but should pay for itself quickly...bus fare is $4 a day and takes forever! Some of the parts are for an old HT 2 smoker kit I still have and I wanted to play with different tooth sprockets to see which I like the best...I figured if I go with the 36 and use the electric for low end speed the thing is gonna go pretty fast once I kick the gas in and get great mpg too.

TITAN XC35 4 STROKE TXC35 1 188.99
ENGINE WITH CLUTCH PACK
169.99USD AND 19.00USD
SHIPPING TOTAL 188.99USD
36DT RACING SPROCKET DUAL 36TDD 1 18.99
DRILLED STEEL FLAT
SPROCKET 56T STEEL 6MM 9 56TSS 1 26.99
HOLE DISHED
415 SUPER DUTY CHAIN 415CHAIN 1 9.99
NT FACTORY SLIM FIT AIR NTFAB 1 8.99
BOX WITH KEEPER AND FOAM
GEAR BOX CHAIN DRIVE GB325 1 39.99
3.25:1 REDUCTION 6 SPLINE
76-78 MM BELL 4 BOLT
MOUNT
ENGINE MOUNTING PLATE, EMP 1 24.99
CHROME FITS TITAN AND
OTHER TITAN TYPE MOTORS
CLUTCH CABLE 124CC 1 1.98
9 HOLE 6MM RAG JOINT 6MMRJ 1 9.75
SPROCKET MOUNTING
HARDWARE
Subtotal 330.66
Shipping 0.00
Total 330.66

1 x 2FAST 800 ELECTRIC BIKE CONVERSION KIT = $379.00
Battery Pack & Charger Included
Wheels 700C
------------------------------------------------------
Sub-Total: $379.00
United Parcel Service (UPS Ground): $0.00
Total: $379.00

I am puting together electric bicycle to and am excited for first ride
If you wish larger range why not have more amp hours of battery
use some lifepo4 20ah will get you some big range? $379 for kit
included battery isn't much battery are they lead acid? Buy a ping
lifepo4 and you will have plenty of range this is what many on endless sphere
electric forum recommend here is the link

http://www.pingbattery.com/servlet/StoreFront

hope your bike works well

Last edited:
Man Dax already shipped my order today wow that's great service there were a lot of odd parts to pull!

To answer your question they are SLA and I know lifepo4 will be replacing them when they wear out but gas is pretty much an endless range once I get outside of Garland gas is legal...AND it gives me all wheel drive for not too much weight I intend to use 36 tooth sprocket utilizing the electric motor for getting up to speed then kicking in the gas to get top end...that's the theory anyhow we'll see. I can always power my UPS to run my laptop off grid while camping as well.

I am puting together electric bicycle to and am excited for first ride
If you wish larger range why not have more amp hours of battery
use some lifepo4 20ah will get you some big range? $379 for kit
included battery isn't much battery are they lead acid? Buy a ping
lifepo4 and you will have plenty of range this is what many on endless sphere
electric forum recommend here is the link

http://www.pingbattery.com/servlet/StoreFront

hope your bike works well

it will be sweet,

the sla's will last for a while, as you will need all that time to justify splashing out serious money on those lipo4 batteries....

48 volts, thats 4-12 volters alot of weight to add on there... the largest i had was 36volt and until i got it started **** that bike was way too top heavy..

asumming you use the rear rack.. just a suggestion but maybe a cheap saddle bag with 2 batteries on either side would help lower that center of gravity and the controller could be fitted to the rack...(just thinking out loud)

get some pics on here you you start to put that baby together, oh and by the way count yourself lucky if you can keep it at $700.... my babies are still bleeding me dry...and they were built 3 years ago !!!!

Well this was short lived after maybe 100 miles the motor seized up. It never had much power to pull hills never had range close to 20 miles. I know I am heavy but I peddle assisted a lot more than the gas bike. the wires got frayed a bit the other day so I spliced em back together so I'm sure waranty is carp. I now have plenty of batteries and a small 12 volt generator on the way...I had planned to use the generator to increase distance but it will be handy for off grid living so will the batteries.

sorry to here about your bad luck george, am assuming it is the electric motor that got fried, but like you said at least you will be able to make use of the other parts.

At least that gas engine from dax should do the trick for you.

Do you know what caused the electric motor to fail? Not going to replace it and try again?

I assume it over heated due to my weight and the weight of the batteries and bike it was pulling a hill when it just started pulsing like antilock brakes was extremely hard to push it about a mile to the bus stop I got it home opened it up and cleaned off the magnets and outside part of the coil which now it turns easier but still no go and the controller seems to be fried as well now.

The thing never had any where near 20 mile range and wouldn't pull a hill very well either so my advice is if you weigh 240 stay away from electric I am in Dallas Tx not many hills here. happycheapskate rode it and he liked it but he weighs a lot less than me.

I do have a 24 volt 250 watt curry I just need to mount and get a switch to turn it off and on I want to use a button type switch so I can just bump it. I don't mind peddling like 50% I am trying to get in shape to peddle 100% but I get chest pains and have to stop frequently. I'm working up to it I think I can do it just need to smooze into it.

Last edited:
Back