Finally...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by uncle_punk13, Feb 22, 2007.

1. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Well I finally got my '67 Honda CL90 running again. Not well, but it's better than just sitting there being an obnoxious doorstop.

[​IMG]

It doesn't look anywhere near as nice as the picture (when I first bought it), I hammered on this poor thing, but we had a lot of fun!
    I'm getting it in good enough order to sell so I can get this:

[​IMG]

I'll immediately take it to the shop and add a 140cc top end with 26mm carb., and possible rear sprocket upgrade.
    BTW- the flames have to go!
    Just thought I'd babble for a bit,
    thanks for "listening"...

2. Tom

Tom Active Member

thats a sick bike you are going to get!

3. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

I dig it.
    It's based on the honda 90 (snout foward engine design), and is slightly smaller than my '67 CL...
    I personally like small bikes. I always have, that's why motorized bikes appeal to me so much, but I need something like the honda for commuting, etc. and my toyota is good for frozen roads , ice, and snow. I feel more in control of a smaller bike, and weighing in at 125, I can get smaller bikes to move pretty fast.
    I think the tank will need a couple of Motoredbikes.com stickers, no?
    LOL

4. Wheels

Wheels Guest

That's a clean looking Honda, I got my first Honda fifty at 12 years old for 25.00 , then a Honda C(B?)100 for 100.00 when I was 17 to commute ten miles to High school. Both were great cycles and a fundamental riding experience.

wheels

p.s. just re-read, okay the bike does not quite look like the pic now got it.

5. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Yeah, that pic is how it looked the first day I got it.
    Now it's hammered. It wouldn't take a whole lot to get back, but I just want somethin' else.
    I dig small bikes, I always have; that chopper is about the same size as my CL, but 10cc bigger. With the larger 140cc top end and 52 tooth sprocket it should be just right...
    Probably as much fun as my whizzer, chinese80, and island hopper kits I hope!

6. Wheels

Wheels Guest

I traded the Honda 100 for a Cushman Super Eagle, sold that when parts were scarce, in 1980 I bought a Suzuki TS185 Sierra enduro. I will take a pic and post it soon.

wheels

7. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Cushmans are cool. There's a lot of repop parts for them now since the renewed interest in them as collectible vehicles.
    I look foward to the pic.
    Hey my longest standing, closest friend just bought this:

[​IMG]

Oh yeah! she and I are gonna terrorize the neighborhood!
    1t's a 1987 with 122 original miles. It looks, sounds, and rides like it just came out of the showroom. We got it from the original owner. Man is it ever cherry!
    I'm picking up my chopper on Tuesday, so we will be 150cc (combined) of wild adventuring heck on wheels
    *LOL*!
    When you ride odd and orphan vehicles you gotta have a sense of humor about everything!

8. Wheels

Wheels Guest

The mod squad, stereo

9. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

"Stereophonic? I'm bleedin Quadrophenic!"
    The Who
    :lol:

10. Wheels

Wheels Guest

And what a show it was! The WHO had not played Fresno since 1968 when they performed with Quicksilver Messenger Service. The band was in fine form performing material from their new release endless wire, interspersed with some of the standards and a powerful reprise of Tommy. A great show.

wheels

http://www.thewhotour.com/

11. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

doggone, wheels, that's great :D

i'll admit to a bit of jealousy, but i've seen my share of good shows too (US Navy, SoCal, 70's), so i'll just say good for you 8)

and to stay on-topic...the first bike looks really familiar, maybe a stoopid question but didn't sears used to sell something similar in the 60's?

12. Wheels

Wheels Guest

[​IMG]

You mean this type Augie? (picture from EBay) Daimler Sachs allstate.

13. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

yeah, that's the one. Steyr/Daimler/Puch, sold under the "allstate" moniker.
    I've got a late fifties moped of this variety that I use for parts...
    BTW- The mini chopper is a HOOT!!!
    It starts to rev out at about 45.
    I can't wait to get the 140cc top end (match ported, polished etc.), 26 mm carb, and larger sproket. I also think I'll be changing out the rear wheel with a vintage Honda 14"x2.75" set-up, and taller shocks. I just don't like the 12"X3.0" wheel. Everything on this bike is based on the old Honda 50 -110 stuff so I've got the parts, and time...
    Also, the Whizzer is coming along beautifully- Welding, brazing, grinding, and filing are done, I'm now stripping the paint from the rest of the frame, and rockin'&Rollin' on getting it ready to go!

14. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

It's now got Motoredbikes.com stickers on the tank...!!!

15. psuggmog

psuggmog Guest

When do we get to see pictures?

16. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

When I get a camera and a new computer that isn't antique and incompatible with everything now, on top of having it's 19th nervous breakdown...
    :D
    This thing is a real antiquated p.o.S.; and it's not mine. I come over to my friend's house to use it. I'm hoping to get something new in the very near future, with a camera, and many other bells and whistles.
    Geez, I was doing some auto CAD last night and it was taking forever, because this thing would pause to digest the info every few minutes.
    Maybe part of today's mission should be looking into that new computer thing...
    :)

17. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

rif: if you can hold off, or find a way to get us together, i'm totally qualified in pc hardware...if it can be made to do the job, i can configure it.

i'd be more than happy to barter my services for help getting to the seattle meet in march.