Engine Trouble finished installing a new kit and the engine wont start

tedlees

Local time
3:16 PM
I just finished installing a new 66cc 2stroke engine kit on my bike

but I got messed up when mixing oil & gas.

the ratio was like 8:1 or 10:1.

I tried to start the engine by pedaling and it sounded like it was gonna start

but as soon as I stopped pedaling the engine stopped

would the fuel mixture be the cause of the problem?

and draining the fuel and replacing it with the newly mixed fuel with right ratio solve the problem?

I am commuting with my bike for 80 minutes coming and going combined and it makes me really tired. *sign*

I want my kit to work so badly......

also, try some different choke settings - sometimes a new motor will want full choke for the first few starts, then less choke or even no choke after that

Replace the fuel with a fresh batch of 32:1. Even 16:1 is too heavy.
Bad advice.
Proper new break in mix is 25:1, 5.4oz (2/3 cup) of non-synthetic 2-stroke oil to gallon of good gas for 2 gallons.
Then you can switch to 32:1, 4oz (1/2 cup) synthetic oil to a gallon of good gas from then on.

just add the same amount of straight fuel to what you already have mixed.

all this 25:1 and 32:1 nonsense... 8:1 could be a tad thick but it should still start!

i personally cant see the point in keeping three different ratios of premix! 50:1 exclusive. and thats usually guesstimated ;) so far so good.

so, no starting.

one. check spark. remove killswitch if in doubt. if nothings happening, refer to appropriate thread. otherwise;

two. remove carb. pop a few cc of fuel down intake. try and start. it should. for five seconds max. in which case dismantle and clean carb. mainly the jet. once again, check threads if needing advice. otherwise;

three. you have something unusual like the magneto is misaligned, the head is loose, crank seals are missing/leaking or other.
in which case return and let us know so we can pinpoint!

Back