finished my engine chromed!!!!

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by foyeburger, Jan 30, 2008.

1. foyeburger

foyeburger Guest

hi guys just got my chrome parts back and put them on my bike today. it took 5 weeks for 4 pieces. that sucks ,way to long to wait for me to wait ,anyway got them back and installed them and thought i would share incase anybody wants to wait forever for chromed covers and head . just wanted to pretty her up a bit. thanks for looking larry ca

Attached Files:

2. mtbforlife

mtbforlife Member

nice looks awsome!! must have cost a pretty penny ah??:lol:
  3. foyeburger

foyeburger Guest

yes and no for chrome but cost about $130.00. i was rebuilding the bike for my winter project so been taking my time . powder coated the frame and all that so while i had it apart decided to chrome some parts .
  4. kenspice

kenspice Guest

Looks very nice!
  5. azbill

azbill Active Member

that is one blinged up switchblade :shock:
    very nice job dude :D:D:D
  6. twinkiex

twinkiex Guest

i need sunglasses to look at that bike. perty!
  7. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

You ruined doesn't look cheap Chinese anymore but something much much more expensive.....precision.

BTW...Nice touch with the Allen keys.
  8. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

Stunningly Stunning! Really makes the old Nash look like a Cadilac.
  9. That's love,man.
    That's love.
    I'm gonna cry now.
  10. hot70cc

hot70cc Guest

Yes i have to agree with everyone looks simply amazing, BUTTTT, if a ring goes bad and destroys your head and cylinder/jug. Your out some $$$$. but then again if i had the $$$$$$ i would've done it to lol. Great looking and problebly the best looking HT iv'e ever seen so far.
  11. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Nice! Looks too good to get dirty.
  12. foyeburger

foyeburger Guest

i dont know if you can tell from the pictures but what i did was paint the engine with black engine paint then sanded down the fins with a dremeltool (got to love the dremel) so dont really know if it will overheat and is a new engine so im running 20 to 1 mix to keep it cool for the break in i guess whell just have to see but i have a backup engine for parts . also another thing i did was cut the exhaust pipe and built a baffel inside it using a smaller piece of pipe and dremmeled out slits and bent them inward on the insert pipe and it actually worked to quiet it down i drilled to holes and bolted it inside the exhaust pipe its about 14 inches long with about 12 slits that are bent down intoo the pipe to block the sound i was suprised that it actually worked it still loud but was way louder with just running a straight pipe larry ca

Attached Files:

13. Hollywood

Hollywood Guest

Nice custom touch!!!
  14. funker

funker Guest

Wow, nice looking engine!!
  15. Jmnmaui

Jmnmaui Guest

16. I hate chrome. I would make more sense to plate the inside of the cylinder.
  17. lhemrick

lhemrick Guest

Well I love it! Thats Bad _ _ _! As for the paint I painted mine red and my sons is black with no problems.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2008
  18. wavygravy

wavygravy Guest

i cant belive it! a chrome happytime! thats so cool!
  19. Bean Oil

Bean Oil Guest

WTF... That's like polishing a turd.

:p I'm kidding... that looks good.
  20. Worth the wait....Looks Grrrrreat!