Finished replacing BGF Clutch plate

bilboby

Local time
9:30 AM
For a while now i've had problems with a broken BGF clutch spring ofwhich finding a local parts centre here in Paris for replacement proved impossible. I've therefore taken the drastic step of removing a good clutch plate with spring from a spare Active 50cc i had gathering dust in the garage. I wasn't 100% sure if the replacement would fit onto the BGF engine but heck i'd got nothing to lose. Thankfully however the repair was a good success in terms of the Active part was a perfect fit thus hopefully tomorrow (weather permitting) i'll give the friction drive bike another run out.

The point of my thread is just too say that before i joined this group i would never of attempted such a repair or modification but despite my old age thank's to the threads on this site i've now got the confidence for stripping down a 2 stroker without fear of not being able to put the engine back together. Ok it's only a 2 stroke with very minimal working parts but **** so what.

Cheers MB group

NB: The active engine mentioned above is not the working engine i have but a spare one that got damaged after my grandson somehow blew up the motor whilst riding offroad with his evo 2x go-ped.

Back