First Build Attempt...

MyrmidonJuan

Local time
10:32 AM
can anyone give any suggestions to someone that attempting their first install of an 80cc on a cruiser?

I've taken note of properly breaking in the engine and using loc-tite seems to be the most notable suggestions. Can anyone else recommend anything else?

Most times I'd say search it. Read the posts.
Glad your up and running. Check head bolts check the torque. Check all bike and motor bolts,nuts,and screws. Did you wire the spokes for strength ? Make sure every is well greased well. Oil or graphite cables Check for leaks,both gas and oil. Carb tight,air cleaner in good shape. Inspect frame for cracks. Air pressure in tires correct.
The list will go on. There are some really good posts on it. this will get you started.
Most important check the henway. good luck

biken:
You got me there........henway?
Hard to believe your talking about a particular path female chickens travel. :D

ohh & while i'm here i'de better say something constructive....make sure your brakes are in excellent working order.
If necessary upgrade them cos at the regular speeds your about to do things happen pretty quick.
Even after you've finished your build keep reading & searching on MBc;it's a sorry day that i don't log-in & learn something.

henway? why a henway 2 to 3 lbs.

Just saw where your located. will make no sence as our weight tables differ.
Sorry about that. It is a real side splitter.
Eve though I feel brakes are highly over rated,when needed one wants real stopping power.
Like you as I read and search I learn a lot. There is a lot of outstanding material here

Hello good luck on your build I have been slowly building mine over the past 3 days only thing holding me back is my chain us not long enough , be sure to take it slow I feel like I rushed the first day and had to do a few things over . But hopefully I will be running tomorrow , I still need to locktite a few bolts

My engine isn't starting (80cc HT)...I pedal for a bit and release the clutch and nothing happens. Can anyone give me any plausible solutions?

Wish I could help man I hope I don't run into that problem I am still searching for a chain

Is engine turning over but not starting ? Check for spark. Make spark plug gap smaller.check boot make sure its on. Getting Gas ? Make sure gas is getting to carb. Wired correct ? Blue to blue, black to black ? Kill switch black to motor( ground ), not to any wire. Other wire (colors vary) to blue. If your pedaling and engine is not turning over adjust clutch.
Need details. Did you prime and choke it?
Hang in there,the wind will be in you face before you know it.
Good luck.

There were all kinds of noob things I did wrong, but problem solved. For the MB virgins that view this thread: DO line up the coupling with the bearing in the carb, DO adjust the clutch cable correctly, and DON'T install the carb so that the bowl leaks gas. Man, what a lame beginner move...that's how we learn though.

Back